Dr. Paul Mahlberg is an ophthalmologist practicing in Dubuque, IA. Dr. Mahlberg specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Mahlberg can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Mahlberg can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1978
Tulane University School of Medicine 1978
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Univ Il Hosp & Cli, Ophthalmology; Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Internal Medicine
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago Program
Dr. Paul Arthur Mahlberg MD's Practice location
Dubuque, IA 52001Get Direction
Dr. Paul Arthur Mahlberg MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mahlberg
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Cataract Removed?
How Cataract Surgery is Performed Prior to a cataracts surgery, you will have to attend an eye assessment with an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist will first examine your health condition and any previous eye treatments. They will also check for any other eye problems currently affecting...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- Dr. Todd Eric Sleep MD1500 Associates Dr Dubuque IA 52002
- Dr. Juan Carlos Nieto M.D.2140 John F Kennedy Rd Dubuque IA 52002
- Dr. Mary J Oyen MD1450 Eastside Rd Platteville WI 53818
- Dr. Kent William Baumann M.D.1500 Associates Dr Dubuque IA 52002
- Dr. Timothy J Daley M.D.600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Ronald P Danis MD2880 University Ave Madison WI 53705