Dr. Mara Leigh Becker M.D.
Rheumatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Rheumatology2401 Gillham Rd Section Of Rheumatol Kansas City MO, 64108
Dr. Mara Becker practices Pediatric Rheumatology in Kansas City, MO. Pediatric rheumatologists treat child patients who suffer from pain in the musculoskeletal system, have symptoms of arthritis, or an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Becker evaluates and treats a variety of joint, muscle, and bone disorders; including autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, Kawasaki disease, post-infectious arthritis, chronic vasculitis, and inflammatory disorders of the muscle, eye, or other organs. Dr. Becker also is trained in the evaluation of prolonged fever, unexplained complaints of chronic musculoskeletal pain, weakness, poor appetite, fatigue, and/or loss of function or skills.
Education and Training
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1999
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Rheumatology
- A novel high-performance liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry method for improved selective and sensitive measurement of methotrexate polyglutamation status in human red blood cells.
- Analysis of intracellular methotrexate polyglutamates in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: effect of route of administration on variability in intracellular methotrexate polyglutamate concentrations.
- The effect of genotype on methotrexate polyglutamate variability in juvenile idiopathic arthritis and association with drug response.
- Developmental pharmacogenetics in pediatric rheumatology: utilizing a new paradigm to effectively treat patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis with methotrexate.
- Identifying genomic and developmental causes of adverse drug reactions in children.
- Developmental pharmacogenomics.
- Development of biomarkers to optimize pediatric patient management: what makes children different?
- Measurement of methotrexate polyglutamates in human erythrocytes by ion-pair UPLC-MS/MS.
- Comprehensive quantitative measurement of folate polyglutamates in human erythrocytes by ion pairing ultra-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry.
- Pharmacogenomics in pediatric rheumatology.
- Risk score modeling of multiple gene to gene interactions using aggregated-multifactor dimensionality reduction.
- Decreased expression of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis receiving methotrexate.
- Low-dose methotrexate results in the selective accumulation of aminoimidazole carboxamide ribotide in an erythroblastoid cell line.
- Pharmacogenomics in childhood rheumatic disorders: a foundation for future individualized therapy.
- Combined meta-analysis of systemic effects of allogeneic stem cell transplantation and systemic sclerosis.
Dr. Mara Leigh Becker M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
Dr. Mara Leigh Becker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Becker
- 14 Warning Signs of Lupus
When the body attacks its own cells and organs including the skin, joints, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood, and brain, the condition is called lupus. It is an autoimmune disease brought about because the body can’t distinguish between healthy cells and foreign germs or viruses. It is a chronic...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Steroids for Muscular Dystrophy: Prednisone
Steroids are touted as powerful drugs that help in improving muscle strength as well as delaying some types of muscular dystrophy. Of these, prednisone is said to be the most powerful and widely used to treat Muscular Dystrophy. Prednisone is a known anti-inflammatory agent. The potent compound,...
- According To New Research The Juvenile Arthritis Diagnosis Is Improving
Arthritis has been at the center of countless medical research in recent years, mainly due to the pain and limitations it places on its sufferers. Arthritis is also often thought to be a condition regulated to the elderly and older adults, but this is not always the case. Many children and young...
- The Reality Behind Juvenile-Onset Fibromyalgia
Over time, more and more health conditions have been discovered, which has ultimately led to a more informed healthcare system. These breakthroughs have been thanks to a neverending goal of creating more efficient treatment options, which is being done as technology improves and becomes more...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- Dr. Rael Caspari MD2401 GILLHAM RD KANSAS CITY MO 64108
- Dr. Maria Fernanda Ibarra M.D2401 Gillham Road Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Emily Fox MD2401 GILLHAM RD KANSAS CITY MO 64108
- Dr. Ashley M Cooper MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Mark F Hoeltzel MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Andrew S Lasky M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108