Dr. Justin Wayne Ramsey M.D.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine1200 Pleasant St Blank Children's Hos Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. Justin Ramsey is a physiatrist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Ramsey is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Ramsey focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Ramsey can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine
- Brachial Plexus Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida
- University of Kansas Medical Center 2008
- Kansas University - Phys Med/Rehab, Wyandotte, KS 2008
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, Children's Mercy, Kansas City, MO 2010
- Children's Mercy Hosp - Pediatric Rehab, Jackson, MO 2010
Dr. Justin Wayne Ramsey M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Justin Wayne Ramsey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ramsey
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- When to See Your Doctor About Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people visit their doctor is their back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 8 out of 10 people have some type of back pain. The pain originates in the spine and can manifest in multiple forms. The...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- Dr. Chad Allen Stadsvold DO1415 Woodland Ave Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Karen A Kienker MD1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Anandeep Kumar MD1215 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Amy Lynch DO1215 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Robert D Rondinelli MD1221 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Berdale Sabado Colorado DO1415 Woodland Ave Des Moines IA 50309