Dr. Robert Thompson is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Plattsburgh, NY. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Thompson is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Family Medicine
Dr. Robert B Thompson MD's Practice location
Plattsburgh, NY 12901Get Direction
Dr. Robert B Thompson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Medications Are Required to Treat Meningitis?
The type of treatment to use is determined by the organism that causes the illness, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient and overall health status.What tests are done to identify meningitis?A few tests may be performed to determine whether you have meningitis. Tests are also done to...
- What Are The Signs And Symptoms of Pleurisy?
Pleurisy: What Is It?Pleurisy or pleuritis is the inflammation of the membranes that line your lungs and the inside of your chest wall. The pleura are made of two layers – the visceral pleura and the parietal pleura. The visceral pleura line your lungs, and the parietal pleura line the inside of...
- When Do You Need to See a Sports Medicine Doctor?
IntroductionPeople of all ages may engage in sports as a pastime for enjoyment or athletic competition. However, participating in sports can also sometimes result in injuries. Effectively and quickly attending to these injuries make it possible for athletes to recover and return doing sports.Sports...
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: How to Combat Pain with a Proper Diet
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is characterized by inflammation and pain in the joints, which may be acute in some cases. There are diets that can reduce the inflammation and control the symptoms. These diets, which include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, olive oil, and fish, will also improve the...
- How Are Shin Splints Diagnosed?
Shin splints are very common among athletes and those who carry out medium to high-intensity workouts. It is also known as the medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). Shin splints are usually painful during exercise, but with time and without the proper treatment, the pain will continue to persist...
- Dr. David Lisle M.D.192 TILLEY DR SOUTH BURLINGTON VT 05403
- Mr. Edwin Morton Cowey PA-C792 College Pkwy Colchester VT 05446
- Dr. Timothy Stephen Lishnak M.D.28 Centre Dr Milton VT 05468
- Dr. Claude Nichols M.D.795 College Parkway Colchester VT 05446
- Dr. Christian Verry MD425 Pearl St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. James Slauterbeck M.D.792 College Pkwy Colchester VT 05446