Dr. Paul Holman practices Neurological Surgery in Houston, TX. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Holman prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1997
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1997
- Iatrogenic pyogenic osteomyelitis of C-1 and C-2 treated with transoral decompression and delayed posterior occipitocervical arthrodesis. Case report.
- Lateral retroperitoneal transpsoas interbody fusion in a patient with achondroplastic dwarfism.
- Acute Onset of Guillain-Barré Syndrome After Elective Spinal Surgery.
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Neurological Surgery
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Paul J Holman M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Paul J Holman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Holman
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Dr. Joshua J Chern MD/PHD5455 Meridian Marks Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. John B Berry M.D.6624 Fannin Street Houston TX 77030
- Prof. Alex B Valadka M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Ronald Jay Benveniste MD1475 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Peng Roc Chen M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Jay Martin Barrash M.D.5959 West Loop S Bellaire TX 77401