Awards: Top Dentists Award - 2010-2017, America's Best Dentists - 2016, 2015 Patient's Choice Award, 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award, 2014 Best of Orange Park Award, Voted one of NE FL's Best Dentists in Jacksonville Magazine 7 yrs in a row, International Dental Implant Association Fellow ... We serve all levels of dental needs from cleanings and exams to extractions, implants, crowns, dentures, etc. Visit our website at www.VanoverDentistry.com for complete information.
Education and Training
North Carolina State Univeristy BSEE
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill DDS
Averett University MBA
Dr. Michael D Vanover DDS's Expert Contributions
Electric is definitely better than manual. Make sure it is an ultrasonic brush though, as not all electrics are the same. My personal favorite is the Sonicare models, their ultrasonic movement blast plaque off your teeth without harming your gums. They also have timers, and pressure sensors that help you brush for the correct amount of time and not allow you to press too hard so you do the best job possible. READ MORE
Pick one that you like the taste. Also, if you are over 2 years old, pick one that has fluoride in it, as it is proven to help prevent cavities. There are many other aspects of toothpastes that are personal preference, and that's why there are a million out there. If you get build-up/tartar/calculus on your teeth quickly, then use a tartar control one. If you have sensitve teeth, then use a sensitive teeth one. If you have a dry mouth or sensitive tissues, use a dry-mouth formulation one. It's best to ask your dentist which one is right for you, since they know what issues you have and the best way to address them. READ MORE
No. Oil pulling is not recommended. There are no valid studies that show it is practical or effective. There are plenty of proven and tested products on the market that are practical to use and effective in making your mouth healthier. Dont waste your time or your money on these fads when it comes to your health. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- One of NE Florida's Best Dentists2015Jacksonville Magazine
- One of NE Florida's Best Dentists2016Jacksonville Magazine
- Angie's List Super Service Award 20142015Angie's List
- Patients' Choice Award 20152015OpenCare
- One of NE Florida's Best Dentists2014Jacksonville Magazine
- Best of Orange Park Award - Dentistry 20142014Orange Park Award Program
- Implant Dentistry
- Implant Dentistry (implantology)
- Implant Crowns, Bridges, And Dentures
- Crown & Bridge, No Impressions, No Temporaries
- Same Day Crown - Cerec
- Same Day Restorations (e4d System)
- Same Day Dentistry
- Extractions & Biopsies
- Extraction Site Preservation
- Botox And Dermal Fillers (juvederm)
- Fillings (mercury Free)
- Fillings / Composite Bonding/resin
- Laser Dentistry
- Adult And Child Cleanings
- Adult Preventive Care
- Dentistry For All Ages
- Digital Dental X-rays
- Braces, Invisalign
- Oral Sedation Dentistry
- Oral Hygiene Instruction
- Fellow in the International Dental Implant Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, International Academy of Facial Aesthetics, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, ADA, Florida Dental Association, the Northeast District Dental Asso
- FellowInternational Dental Implant Association 2012
- MemberInternational Academy of Facial Aesthetics 2013
- Past PresidentClay County Dental Society 2005
- MemberInternational Congress of Oral Implantologists 2013
- MemberAmerican Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry 2013
- MemberFlorida Dental Association 2002
- MemberJacksonville Dental Society 2002
Faculty Titles & Positions
- International Dental Implant Association / Implant SeminarsDental Implant Surgery2013
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- The Salvation Army, Clay County Food Pantry, YMCA Kids Programs, PET Florida, Catholic Charities, St Johns Country Day School, Bradford High School, Clay County Dental Care, Concert on the Green, Overseas Military Service Persons, Orange Park Athletic Ass
Experience & Accolades
- Controls Systems EngineerGeneral ElectricElectrical Engineer
Dr. Michael D Vanover DDS's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael D Vanover DDS | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael D Vanover DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- Dealing with Lupus Mouth Sores
What is lupus? Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disorder. If you have an autoimmune disorder, your immune system mistakenly attacks the healthy cells in your body, which causes inflammation. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, skin rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain,...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Gingivitis: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
Gingivitis, or periodontal disease, is known as the inflammation of the gums. The most common cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene and poor dental care. This will lead to a formation of plaque. Plaque is a sticky film composed mainly of bacteria, which is also invisible. The bacteria forms on...
- Are Dental Crowns Useful?
What is Dental Crowns?A dental crown, or a tooth crown, is a tooth-shaped sleeve, or cap, made of porcelain or metal, that is placed over the tooth. Crowns are utilized to restore the shape and size of a tooth. When implanted properly, the porcelain caps cover the crown of the tooth that is visible...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Natasha A. Patel DMD 1580 Wells Rd Orange Park Florida 32073
- Dr. Michael Thomas Mcclure DMD 1562 Wells Rd Orange Park FL 32073
- Joseph Gerard Chiafair DDS 9471 Baymeadows Rd Jacksonville FL 32256
- Dr. Sean M Altenbach D.M.D. 8841 San Jose Boulevard Jacksonville FL 32217
- Dr. Glenn William Forhan DMD 6327 Argyle Forest Blvd Jacksonville FL 32244
- Dr. Ramsey Bader Salem DDS 6237 Merrill Road Jacksonville FL 32277