Awards: Top Dentists Award - 2010-2017, America's Best Dentists - 2016, 2015 Patient's Choice Award, 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award, 2014 Best of Orange Park Award, Voted one of NE FL's Best Dentists in Jacksonville Magazine 7 yrs in a row, International Dental Implant Association Fellow ... We serve all levels of dental needs from cleanings and exams to extractions, implants, crowns, dentures, etc. Visit our website at www.VanoverDentistry.com for complete information.
Education and Training
North Carolina State Univeristy BSEE
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill DDS
Averett University MBA
Dr. Michael D Vanover DDS's Expert Contributions
Electric is definitely better than manual. Make sure it is an ultrasonic brush though, as not all electrics are the same. My personal favorite is the Sonicare models, their ultrasonic movement blast plaque off your teeth without harming your gums. They also have timers, and pressure sensors that help you brush for the correct amount of time and not allow you to press too hard so you do the best job possible. READ MORE
Pick one that you like the taste. Also, if you are over 2 years old, pick one that has fluoride in it, as it is proven to help prevent cavities. There are many other aspects of toothpastes that are personal preference, and that's why there are a million out there. If you get build-up/tartar/calculus on your teeth quickly, then use a tartar control one. If you have sensitve teeth, then use a sensitive teeth one. If you have a dry mouth or sensitive tissues, use a dry-mouth formulation one. It's best to ask your dentist which one is right for you, since they know what issues you have and the best way to address them. READ MORE
No. Oil pulling is not recommended. There are no valid studies that show it is practical or effective. There are plenty of proven and tested products on the market that are practical to use and effective in making your mouth healthier. Dont waste your time or your money on these fads when it comes to your health. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- One of NE Florida's Best Dentists2015Jacksonville Magazine
- One of NE Florida's Best Dentists2016Jacksonville Magazine
- Angie's List Super Service Award 20142015Angie's List
- Patients' Choice Award 20152015OpenCare
- One of NE Florida's Best Dentists2014Jacksonville Magazine
- Best of Orange Park Award - Dentistry 20142014Orange Park Award Program
- Adult Preventive Care
- Adult And Child Cleanings
- Botox And Dermal Fillers (juvederm)
- Braces, Invisalign
- Crown & Bridge, No Impressions, No Temporaries
- Dentistry For All Ages
- Digital Dental X-rays
- Extraction Site Preservation
- Extractions & Biopsies
- Fillings (mercury Free)
- Fillings / Composite Bonding/resin
- Implant Crowns, Bridges, And Dentures
- Implant Dentistry
- Implant Dentistry (implantology)
- Laser Dentistry
- Oral Hygiene Instruction
- Oral Sedation Dentistry
- Same Day Crown - Cerec
- Same Day Dentistry
- Same Day Restorations (e4d System)
- Fellow in the International Dental Implant Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, International Academy of Facial Aesthetics, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, ADA, Florida Dental Association, the Northeast District Dental Asso
- FellowInternational Dental Implant Association 2012
- MemberInternational Academy of Facial Aesthetics 2013
- Past PresidentClay County Dental Society 2005
- MemberInternational Congress of Oral Implantologists 2013
- MemberAmerican Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry 2013
- MemberFlorida Dental Association 2002
- MemberJacksonville Dental Society 2002
Faculty Titles & Positions
- International Dental Implant Association / Implant SeminarsDental Implant Surgery2013
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- The Salvation Army, Clay County Food Pantry, YMCA Kids Programs, PET Florida, Catholic Charities, St Johns Country Day School, Bradford High School, Clay County Dental Care, Concert on the Green, Overseas Military Service Persons, Orange Park Athletic Ass
Experience & Accolades
- Controls Systems EngineerGeneral ElectricElectrical Engineer
Dr. Michael D Vanover DDS's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael D Vanover DDS | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael D Vanover DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Oral Hygiene and Overall Health
Maintaining oral hygiene is very important for overall health; it does far more just keeping a bright smile. Good oral hygiene can reduce the risk of serious conditions like heart diseases, and may also preserve memory as people age. Dental health may affect overall health in six different ways,...
- Is There an Ideal Teeth Whitening Product?
Normally, teeth are yellowish in color and are rarely pure white. As white teeth are a popular demand, more and more products have hit the market, claiming to whiten teeth. This includes whitening tooth-pastes, gels, rinses, strips and trays. Teeth whitening is recommended for people with healthy...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Bridges
We often do not realize this, but our bodies are perfectly designed machines. Our jaws, for example, and the alignment of our teeth are designed perfectly for biting and chewing. Any change in the natural order could result in unfavorable consequences. Losing teeth is one such change that has less...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Natasha A. Patel DMD 1580 Wells Rd Orange Park Florida 32073
- Dr. James G. Trantham, IV. DMD 4124 University Blvd. South Jacksonville Florida 32216
- Wyman Woodward DDS 9000 Golfside Drive Jacksonville Florida 32256
- Ahmed Soliman Other 4540 Southside Blvd Jacksonville FL 32216
- Chester A. Aikens 305 East Union St. Jacksonville Florida 32202
- Dr. Michael Thomas Mcclure DMD 1562 Wells Rd Orange Park FL 32073