Dr. Mark R Miles M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)1001 Noble St Fairbanks AK, 99701
Dr. Mark Miles is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Fairbanks, AK. Dr. Miles specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Miles can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Miles can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Southern Ca Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1982
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Kaiser Permanente Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Antelope Vly Hosp M C, Family Medicine; Ucla Med Ctr, Family Medicine
Dr. Mark R Miles M.D.'s Practice location
Fairbanks, AK 99701Get Direction
FAIRBANKS, AK 99709Get Direction
Dr. Mark R Miles M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Miles
- Lymphoma News: Mother Gives Birth to Healthy Daughter after Chemo During Pregnancy
Chemotherapy has a reputation for its not-so-great side effects. As many people know, chemotherapy is known to cause off target symptoms for most cancer patients such as nausea and vomiting, hair loss, and extreme fatigue. In addition to the symptoms that one may experience during treatment, some of...
- How Does a Patient's Surgeon Influence Breast Cancer Treatment Decisions?
When a patient is diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first treatment options is to remove the affected tissue, typically through a mastectomy. In addition to a mastectomy, a patient may also undergo chemotherapy in order to eradicate traces of the disease that may remain or have spread beyond...
- Braxton-Hicks vs. Real Contractions
Braxton-Hicks contractionsBraxton-Hicks contractions are contractions in the uterus that can occur before real contractions, usually in the third trimester but can begin in the second trimester, too. They are named after John Braxton Hicks, an English physician who described these contractions in...
- What Happens if I Miss My Baby's Due Date?
An overdue pregnancy is a pregnancy that continues for more than 42 weeks. Overdue pregnancy is also referred to as post-term or prolonged pregnancy. The cause of overdue pregnancy is still not known. There are cases where it’s because of genetic predisposition. Recurrence of overdue pregnancy is...
- Fitness Options for New Moms
Robert O. Atlas, MD, O.B.G.Y.N., chair of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, is of the opinion that when a woman can resume exercise depends on the individual. Some new moms are ready within two weeks while some others may take a month or so to get back...
- Hot Flashes and Women's Health
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. It is also commonly seen in women with premature menopause and induced menopause.Hot flashes cause women who experience them to suddenly feel overheated, it is usually accompanied by sweating and a red, flushed face. The...
- Dr. Jennifer A. Mathieu D.O.1060 Gaffney Road Fort Wainwright Arkansas 99703
- Dr. Jean O'nan Bramer M.D.731 Eton Blvd Fairbanks AK 99709
- Dr. Christine Elise Ryan MD1060 Gaffney Rd Fort Wainwright AK 99703
- Dr. Matthew H Packham M.D.1001 Noble St Fairbanks AK 99701
- Dr. Eiluned Anne Hogenson MD1919 Lathrop St Fairbanks AK 99701
- Dr. Peter Douglas Lawrason M.D.680 Finsbury Ct Fairbanks AK 99709