Dr. Shiyoung Roh is an ophthalmologist practicing in Peabody, MA. Dr. Roh specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Roh can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Roh can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1993
Tufts University School of Medicine 1993
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Ophthalmology; Mt Auburn Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Shiyoung Roh M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Shiyoung Roh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Roh
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- How to Prepare for Cataract Surgery
The normal process of aging is the leading cause of cataracts. The eye’s lens slowly loses its clarity and gets cloudy as we age. As a result, the quality of vision decreases. Cataract surgery is recommended when your life’s quality starts to suffer.It is important to know how to prepare...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- How Is Sarcoidosis Diagnosed?
What is sarcoidosis?Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease, which is characterized by the growth of granulomas or tiny collections of inflammatory cells in various parts of the body. When the immune system is slowed down and when these numerous clumps form, they tend to interfere with the organ’s...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- Dr. Nilesh M. Sheth M.D., MPH3 Woodland Road Stoneham Massachusetts 02180
- Dr. Peter A. Rapoza MD50 Staniford Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Johanna M. Seddon MD800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111
- Dr. Robin F. Steinberg MD172 Cambridge St. Burlington Massachusetts 01803
- Mrs. Kathryn L Masselam hatch M.D.1601 Trapelo Rd Waltham MA 02451
- Dr. Pedram Hamrah M.D.800 Washington St Boston MA 02111