Dr. Stephen Levine is a psychiatrist practicing in San Rafael, CA. Dr. Levine is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Levine diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Levine may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Levine treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Bronchial epilepsy or broncho-pulmonary hyper-excitability as a model of asthma pathogenesis.
- Neuro-bioenergetic concepts in cancer prevention and treatment.
- Neurobiological effects of melatonin as related to cancer.
- Treating asthma as a neuroelectrical disorder.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus cell lysate in the management of resistant childhood atopic eczema.
Dr. Stephen Andrew Levine M.D.'s Practice location
San Rafael, CA 94901Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Andrew Levine M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Treatment Options for ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may affect different aspects of life, including personality, work, and relationships. Getting the right treatment is crucial in managing ADHD. Many studies have been conducted to investigate the efficacy of different treatment options for ADHD. Two...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- ADHD in Adults
ADHD, or attention deficit disorder, is a commonly undiagnosed mental disorder in adults. According to data provided by The American Psychiatric Association, about 5% of children in the America have ADHD; however, other studies indicate rates as high as 11%. According to other sources, the childhood...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Repetitive and Self-Injurious Behaviors
Autism disordersPatients who are diagnosed with autism have certain challenges, such as having difficulty in learning language, as well as communication, and an incapability of understanding body language and expressions. They are uncomfortable in new social surroundings and with social behavior, in...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC3260 Blume Drive Richmond California 94806
- Dr. Janice E. Cohen M.D.Inner Sunset San Francisco CA 94122
- Dr. William W. Foote M.D.1819 Union St San Francisco CA 94123
- Dr. Adam Phillip Nelson M.D.45 Camino Alto Mill Valley CA 94941
- Dr. Steven A. Frankel M.D.1044 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Kentfield California 94904
- Dr. Lawrence T Petrakis M.D.909 Hyde St San Francisco CA 94109