Dr. Thomas Keane is a urologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Keane specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Urology
Dr. Thomas E Keane MD's Practice location
Dr. Thomas E Keane MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Keane
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Can I Live Without a Bladder if I Have Bladder Cancer?
The bladder is the organ in the human body that stores urine temporarily to be released later through the urethra. It is, therefore, a very important part of the body. Unfortunately, in some cases of bladder cancer, the bladder has to be removed.The removal of the urinary bladder is done through a...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- Prostate Cancer: What Are Sex Hormone Depressors?
Prostate cancer is a serious condition that is increasingly affecting many men around the world. It happens when cells in the prostate gland grow abnormally and without control. It is also a condition that does not show any symptoms, especially in its early stages. As the condition gradually...
- What is a Cystoscopy?
In cystoscopy, a slender, flexible or rigid tube (cystoscope) with a lighted camera at its tip is positioned inside the urinary bladder. The device is lubricated and gently slid inside the bladder through the urethral opening in the penis under anesthesia. The procedure enables the urologist to...
- Dr. Nelson Randolph Ploch M.D.302 Medical Park Walterboro SC 29488
- Dr. Alienor Sylvaine Gilchrist MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Lydia Toon Laboccetta MD96 Jonathan Lucas St Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Theodore Edward Brisson M.D.302 Medical Park Walterboro SC 29488
- Dr. Matthew Alan Young M.D.96 Jonathan Lucas Street Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Jaimin Girish Shah MD171 Ashley Avenue Charleston SC 29425