Dr. Barbara Smith is a general surgeon practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Smith specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Smith provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1983
Harvard Medical School 1983
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, General Surgery
- Brigham and Womens Hospital
- Brigham & Women's Hospital Program
Dr. Barbara Lynn Smith MD PHD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. Barbara Lynn Smith MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- How to Prepare for a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Such procedure is performed as a result of many causes. In most cases, a cholecystectomy is performed to relieve the patient from complications caused by the inflammation of the gallbladder.A gallbladder is an organ that is located just...
- What is Carpal Tunnel Release?
Carpal tunnel release surgery is a medical procedure that is used to relieve symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Such symptoms include pain in the hand, tingling, and numbness. The procedure involves separating the ligaments in your hand to help relieve pressure on the nerve that...
- What to Expect After Gallbladder Surgery
The Gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ that is located below the liver. It is found on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to take and store the fluid that is released from the liver to help in digestion (bile). The surgical procedure that is used to extract a damaged...
- What to Expect After a Cholecystectomy
In case you have problems with your gallbladder and there is a need for it to be removed, you will experience unusual and uncomfortable symptoms while trying to adapt to a new life without a gallbladder. Obviously, when your gallbladder is removed, bile can't be stored like before since it is meant...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks to Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a medical procedure that is aimed to treat a knee joint that has been damaged due to arthritis or other complications. Arthritis is a condition that results from the breakdown of joint cartilage plus the underlying bone. Knee replacement surgery is used when other means...
- Gayane Badalian-Very33 Sherman Road Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 2467
- Dr. Hany Magdy Takla M.D, MRCS955 Main St Winchester MA 01890
- Rita Sadowski M.D.14 Prospect Street Milford MA 01757
- Dr. Roselle Eisma Crombie M.D./M.P.H750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Yagnik Krishnakant Pandya M.B.,B.S725 Albany Street Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Tara S Kent MD148 Chestnut St Needham MA 02492