Dr. Peter Nielsen is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Tacoma, WA. Dr. Nielsen specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Nielsen can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Nielsen can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 1987
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Cell permeabilization and uptake of antisense peptide-peptide nucleic acid (PNA) into Escherichia coli.
- In vitro transcription of a torsionally constrained template.
- Substituted 1,8-naphthyridin-2(1H)-ones are superior to thymine in the recognition of adenine in duplex as well as triplex structures.
- Parallel synthesis of PNA-peptide conjugate libraries.
- Kinetics and mechanism of the DNA double helix invasion by pseudocomplementary peptide nucleic acids.
- Gene delivery by a steroid-peptide nucleic acid conjugate.
- PNA-mediated immobilization of supercoiled DNA.
- In vitro transcription from peptide nucleic acid/DNA strand displacement loops.
- PNA technology.
- Synthesis of PNA-peptide conjugates.
- Parallel synthesis of PNA-peptide conjugate libraries.
- Measurement of PNA binding to double-stranded DNA.
- 1,8-Naphthyridin-2,7-(1,8H)-dione is an effective mimic of protonated cytosine in peptide nucleic acid triplex recognition systems.
- DNA and PNA sensing on mercury and carbon electrodes by using methylene blue as an electrochemical label.
- Cellular delivery of peptide nucleic acid (PNA).
- Synthesis and properties of ester-linked peptide nucleic acid prodrug conjugates.
- Superior duplex DNA strand invasion by acridine conjugated peptide nucleic acids.
- Pseudocomplementary PNAs as selective modifiers of protein activity on duplex DNA: the case of type IIs restriction enzymes.
- Increased temperature and 2-methyl-2,4-pentanediol change the DNA structure of both curved and uncurved adenine/thymine-rich sequences.
- Modulation of the pharmacokinetic properties of PNA: preparation of galactosyl, mannosyl, fucosyl, N-acetylgalactosaminyl, and N-acetylglucosaminyl derivatives of aminoethylglycine peptide nucleic acid monomers and their incorporation into PNA oligom
- A novel PNA-monomer for recognition of thymine in triple-helix structures.
- Antibiotic-free bacterial strain selection using antisense peptide nucleic acid.
- Combined triplex/duplex invasion of double-stranded DNA by "tail-clamp" peptide nucleic acid.
- Stability and transformations of bis-PNA/DNA triplex structural isomers.
- Photoreactive bicyclic amino acids as substrates for mutant Escherichia coli phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetases.
- PNA Technology.
- Synthesis and evaluation of a conformationally constrained pyridazinone PNA-monomer for recognition of thymine in triple-helix structures.
- The translation start codon region is sensitive to antisense PNA inhibition in Escherichia coli.
- Localization and dynamics of small circular DNA in live mammalian nuclei.
- Gene targeting using peptide nucleic acid.
- Down-regulation of MDM2 and activation of p53 in human cancer cells by antisense 9-aminoacridine-PNA (peptide nucleic acid) conjugates.
- Inhibition of Staphylococcus aureus gene expression and growth using antisense peptide nucleic acids.
- Extended target sequence specificity of PNA-minor-groove binder conjugates.
- Surface plasmon field-enhanced fluorescence spectroscopy in PCR product analysis by peptide nucleic acid probes.
- Modeling human disease by gene targeting.
- Sequence-specific inhibition of duck hepatitis B virus reverse transcription by peptide nucleic acids (PNA).
- Surface density dependence of PCR amplicon hybridization on PNA/DNA probe layers.
- Crystal structure of a partly self-complementary peptide nucleic acid (PNA) oligomer showing a duplex-triplex network.
- Transcription arrest caused by long nascent RNA chains.
- Polyamines preferentially interact with bent adenine tracts in double-stranded DNA.
- Uranyl photoprobing of nonbent A/T- and bent A-tracts. A difference of flexibility?
- In situ hybridization of PNA/DNA studied label-free by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy.
- Calcium ions effectively enhance the effect of antisense peptide nucleic acids conjugated to cationic tat and oligoarginine peptides.
- Targeted delivery of plasmid DNA into the nucleus of cells via nuclear localization signal peptide conjugated to DNA intercalating bis- and trisacridines.
- Unique properties of purine/pyrimidine asymmetric PNA.DNA duplexes: differential stabilization of PNA.DNA duplexes by purines in the PNA strand.
- Cellular delivery of polyheteroaromate-peptide nucleic acid conjugates mediated by cationic lipids.
- Photochemically enhanced cellular delivery of cell penetrating peptide-PNA conjugates.
- Evaluation of transfection protocols for unmodified and modified peptide nucleic acid (PNA) oligomers.
- Addressing the challenges of cellular delivery and bioavailability of peptide nucleic acids (PNA).
- Women's health care in Operation Iraqi Freedom: a survey of camps with echelon I or II facilities.
- Evaluation of cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) as vehicles for intracellular delivery of antisense peptide nucleic acid (PNA).
- Structural diversity of target-specific homopyrimidine peptide nucleic acid-dsDNA complexes.
- Efficient sequence-directed psoralen targeting using pseudocomplementary Peptide nucleic acids.
- Enhanced delivery of cell-penetrating peptide-peptide nucleic acid conjugates by endosomal disruption.
- Emergence of protocellular growth laws.
- On the stability of peptide nucleic acid duplexes in the presence of organic solvents.
- Cellular antisense activity of peptide nucleic acid (PNAs) targeted to HIV-1 polypurine tract (PPT) containing RNA.
- Question 1: Peptide nucleic acids and the origin and homochirality of life.
- Peptide nucleic acids and the origin of life.
- Segmentation of rodent whole-body dynamic PET images: an unsupervised method based on voxel dynamics.
- Group prenatal care and perinatal outcomes: a randomized controlled trial.
- Subnanomolar antisense activity of phosphonate-peptide nucleic acid (PNA) conjugates delivered by cationic lipids to HeLa cells.
- Improved cellular activity of antisense peptide nucleic acids by conjugation to a cationic peptide-lipid (CatLip) domain.
- A new molecule of life?
- Hydrogen bonding versus stacking stabilization by modified nucleobases incorporated in PNA.DNA duplexes.
- Uranyl photofootprinting.
- High-affinity triplex targeting of double stranded DNA using chemically modified peptide nucleic acid oligomers.
- Self-assembling, dynamic alphaPNAs.
- PNA-mediated modulation and redirection of Her-2 pre-mRNA splicing: specific skipping of erbB-2 exon 19 coding for the ATP catalytic domain.
- Sequence-selective targeting of duplex DNA by peptide nucleic acids.
- Peptide nucleic acids (PNA) in chemical biology and drug discovery.
- Modulation of mdm2 pre-mRNA splicing by 9-aminoacridine-PNA (peptide nucleic acid) conjugates targeting intron-exon junctions.
- Gene targeting and expression modulation by peptide nucleic acids (PNA).
- Effects of deployment on depression screening scores in pregnancy at an army military treatment facility.
- Targeted gene repair facilitated by peptide nucleic acids (PNA).
- Cellular delivery and antisense effects of peptide nucleic acid conjugated to polyethyleneimine via disulfide linkers.
- Enhanced cellular delivery of cell-penetrating peptide-peptide nucleic acid conjugates by photochemical internalization.
- Efficiency of cellular delivery of antisense peptide nucleic acid by electroporation depends on charge and electroporation geometry.
- Improved cellular uptake of antisense peptide nucleic acids by conjugation to a cell-penetrating peptide and a lipid domain.
- Natural Arsenate DNA?
- Targeted gene correction using psoralen, chlorambucil and camptothecin conjugates of triplex forming peptide nucleic acid (PNA).
- A novel pseudo-complementary PNA G-C base pair.
- Introducing Artificial DNA: PNA & XNA.
- Natural - synthetic - artificial!
- Artificial DNA structures.
- Sensitive detection of nucleic acids by PNA hybridization directed co-localization of fluorescent beads.
- DNA-nanostructure-assembly by sequential spotting.
- Nanomolar cellular antisense activity of peptide nucleic acid (PNA) cholic acid ("umbrella") and cholesterol conjugates delivered by cationic lipids.
- Formamide in the cradle of life?: Comment on "Formamide and the origin of life" by R. Saladino, C. Crestini, S. Pino, G. Costanzo and E. Di Mauro.
- RNA modifications by oxidation: a novel disease mechanism?
- Mobile health evaluation methods: the Text4baby case study.
- Peptide nucleic acid (PNA) cell penetrating peptide (CPP) conjugates as carriers for cellular delivery of antisense oligomers.
- "Artifactual" arsenate DNA.
- Cell number and transfection volume dependent peptide nucleic acid antisense activity by cationic delivery methods.
- Potent antibacterial antisense peptide-peptide nucleic acid conjugates against Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Role of SbmA in the uptake of peptide nucleic acid (PNA)-peptide conjugates in E. coli.
- Potent inhibition of late stages of hepadnavirus replication by a modified cell penetrating peptide.
- Detection and interpretation of 8-oxodG and 8-oxoGua in urine, plasma and cerebrospinal fluid.
- Questioning the costs and benefits of non-invasive prenatal testing.
- Organic synthesis by in vitro evolution.
- Cellular delivery of peptide nucleic acids (PNAs).
- A phosphorylation tag for uranyl mediated protein purification and photo assisted tag removal.
- Surgical Team Assessment Training: improving surgical teams during deployment.
- Cross-catalytic peptide nucleic acid (PNA) replication based on templated ligation.
- Toward peptide nucleic acid (PNA) directed peptide translation using ester based aminoacyl transfer.
- Correction to role of SbmA in the uptake of peptide nucleic acid (PNA)-peptide conjugates in E. coli.
- Cellular Antisense Activity of PNA-Oligo(bicycloguanidinium) Conjugates Forming Self-Assembled Nanoaggregates.
- Elective Induction of Labor Compared With Expectant Management of Nulliparous Women at 39 Weeks of Gestation: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Electroporation Enhanced Effect of Dystrophin Splice Switching PNA Oligomers in Normal and Dystrophic Muscle.
- Therapeutic Potential of Cell Penetrating Peptides (CPPs) and Cationic Polymers for Chronic Hepatitis B.
- Antibacterial Peptide Nucleic Acid-Antimicrobial Peptide (PNA-AMP) Conjugates: Antisense Targeting of Fatty Acid Biosynthesis.
- Self-Reported Changes in Comfort Level With Basic OB/GYN Procedures After Deployment.
- Disruption of Higher Order DNA Structures in Friedreich's Ataxia (GAA)n Repeats by PNA or LNA Targeting.
- An antisense peptide nucleic acid against Pseudomonas aeruginosa inhibiting bacterial-induced inflammatory responses in the cystic fibrosis IB3-1 cellular model system.
- Wm Beaumont Army Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Peter Edward Nielsen MD's Practice location
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
Dr. Peter Edward Nielsen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatments for Vaginitis
Bacterial vaginitis is the most popular type of vaginal infection. Normally, the vagina contains both wanted and unwanted bacteria and the imbalance between the two is the main cause of vaginitis.There are a number of symptoms associated with this infection such as:...
- Low-Calorie Diets Control Arthritis
Obesity is one of the most common factors that increases the risk of knee arthritis. Pressure on the knees can be reduced considerably if the individual loses weight and it is often recommended for people who have this condition. However, for some people, it is difficult to lose those extra...
- Some Women May Have the Genes That Cause Endometriosis
A new study published in the journal, Nature Genetics, has shown that women who have one of the two genetic variants may have increased risk of developing endometriosis. This offers new insight into the development of this condition, which affects about 6% to 10% of women. According to the...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Water Breaking Before Labor: What You Need to Know
Pregnancy is a beautiful experience for all women; however, many precautions must be taken during the complete nine months that a mother carries their child. As a woman reaches her third trimester, it is important to be extra careful and look out for any signs of labor. The need for care only...
- Having Small Babies May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease in Mothers
According to a new study, women who give birth to small, full-term babies have increased chances of developing heart diseases later in their life. The new study, conducted by the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galvesto, shows delivery of small babies as an independent predictor of heart...
- Dr. Laura Sporl MD4215 49th Ave NE Tacoma Washington 98422
- Dr. Esther M Park-hwang MD521 Martin Luther King Jr Way Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Charles Robert Bigler M.D.1 East Main Street Auburn WA 98002
- Dr. James Allan Wilson MD5920 100th St Sw Lakewood WA 98499
- Dr. Chanda L Reese M.D.3001 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach FL 33071
- Dr. Elizabeth Grace Sanford MD6002 N Westgate Blvd Tacoma WA 98406