Dr. Arthur Colley is a gastroenterologist practicing in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Colley specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Colley performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Allegheny Gen Hosp, Gastroenterology; Geisinger Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Allegheny Genl Hospital 1977
Dr. Arthur Thompson Colley M.D.'s Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46237Get Direction
MIDDLEBURY, VT 05753Get Direction
Dr. Arthur Thompson Colley M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Crohn's Disease and Other Gastrointestinal Issues
Crohn’s disease patients suffer from a chronic inflammation of the large intestine (colon). They may also experience weight loss and abdominal pain. Treatment of Crohn’s is more or less similar to that of another inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), known as ulcerative colitis. For both of these...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- 8 Tips on Living with Gallstones
You can opt to take ursodiol (a bile acid that occurs naturally and assists in dissolving cholesterol) in case you do not want surgery, if you are not able to undergo surgery, or if your gallstones are small. Ursodiol dissolves the gallstones that are made up of cholesterol, and sometimes, it can...
- Gluten Enzyme Pills: Do They Actually Work?
Some years have passed since the first time gluten enzyme pills showed up in the news. Alternative treatments to a gluten-free diet have been under research since the first time the condition was diagnosed. It is important to keep researching possible solutions and ways to counter or simply stop...
- Celiac Disease: How to Manage Your Symptoms
There is no cure for celiac disease; however, the right diet and lifestyle can help to manage the disease. The mainstay of treatment is with a gluten free diet for life. Elimination of wheat, barley, and rye from your diet will produce a dramatic clinical improvement within a few days or weeks. Oats...
- Stem Cell Infusion as Possible Crohn's Fistula Therapy
The most common type of fistula associated with Crohn’s are anal fistulas which create “narrow tears that extend from the muscles that control the anus (anal sphincters) up into the anal canal.”Fistulas are just one of many Crohn’s-related issues which are grouped into the category of...
- Dr. Matthew Harrison MD7950 Shadeland Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46250
- Dr. Abdo M. Saad MD110 Lead Avenue Southeast Albuquerque New Mexico 87106
- Dr. Debra J Helper M.D.550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Julia K Leblanc M.D.550 University Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Daniel John Stout MD1120 Aaa Way Carmel IN 46032
- Dr. Charles J Kahi M.D.1481 W 10th St Indianapolis IN 46202