Dr. Melvin Yudis is a nephrologist practicing in Willow Grove, PA. Dr. Yudis specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Yudis most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1963
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1963
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- 2012 Philadelphia Super Doctors
- Hahnemann Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Hahnemann University Hospital
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital Program
Dr. Melvin Yudis M.D.'s Practice location
Willow Grove, PA 19090Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Melvin Yudis M.D. | Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Melvin Yudis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yudis
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
What are kidney stones?A kidney stone is a hard, crystal-like mineral substance formed within the kidney or urinary tract. In medical terms, it is known as nephrolithiasis. They are also called as renal calculi.Kidney stones can block the stream of urine and can result in urinary infection, kidney...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- Dr. Yonghong Huan MD833 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Karthik P Karanam MD1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby PA 19023
- Dr. Keith R Superdock MD100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Dr. Margaret Patricia Rose M.D.3401 N Broad St Philadelphia PA 19140
- Dr. Edward J Filippone MD2228 S Broad St Philadelphia PA 19145
- Dr. Michael R Rudnick MD39th And Market Street Philadelphia PA 19104