Dr. Shanon Custer is an internist practicing in Hays, KS. Dr. Custer specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Custer provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 2002
University of Wales in Great Britain 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Back Pain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Ks Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- University of Kansas School of Medicine Program
Dr. Shanon L Custer MD's Practice location
Hays, KS 67601Get Direction
Dr. Shanon L Custer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Custer
- What Is Hormone Therapy?
Hormone therapy is often used to relieve menopausal symptoms. However, since estrogen plays a crucial role in maintaining bone health, hormone therapy is another treatment option for osteoporosis.How does hormone therapy work?Following menopause, your body produces less estrogen and progesterone...
- Rapid Shallow Breathing (Tachypnea): Causes and Treatments
What is rapid shallow breathing?Rapid, shallow breathing, also medically called as tachypnea, is a term used to describe a breathing that is too fast, particularly when people have it due to a lung disease or other health conditions. Sometimes, rapid, shallow breathing and hyperventilation...
- Ways to Include More Fiber in Your Diet
Importance of eating Fibrous FoodsFiber refers to the indigestible shares of plant foods. Eating foods that are high in fiber has several health gains. The digestive benefits of fiber in food are very well known. Yet, fibrous food provides a lot of other benefits for a healthy life. Studies report...
- Reduce the Swelling of Your Ankles with These 10 Natural Remedies
Foot or ankle swelling is called edema. Many things, including high blood pressure and pregnancy, can cause this problem. Edema in your feet and ankles occurs when your body is unable to push blood and fluids in them up your legs, so that your ankles and feet swell. Swelling in the feet and ankles...
- What's the Difference Between Salt and Sodium?
IntroductionWhen people say salt, they usually mean the common table salt. Salt is a mineral that is mainly composed of sodium chloride (NaCl). To distinguish table salt from a class of chemical compounds called salts, the terms rock salt or the mineral name halite is used. Sodium is also...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Dr. Gilbert-Roy Kamoga MD2214 Canterbury Drive Hays Kansas 67601
- Dr. Dallas L Richards M.D.2501 E 13th St Hays KS 67601
- Dr. Shahbano Jamali Khan M.D.4516 Larned Circle Hays KS 67601
- Dr. Seema Kirit Patel MD2214 Canterbury Dr Hays KS 67601
- Dr. Patrick Scott Atkinson D.O.1400 E Downing St Tahlequah OK 74464
- Dr. Jin Kong M.D.2220 Canterbury Dr Hays KS 67601