Dr. Phillip P Smith M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology6560 Fannin St Scott Department Of Houston TX, 77030
Dr. Phillip Smith practices Pediatric Urology in Houston, TX. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Smith is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Smith performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
- Pelvic organ prolapse and the lower urinary tract: the relationship of vaginal prolapse to stress urinary incontinence.
- Transobturator tape, bladder perforation, and paravaginal defect: a case report.
- The emergence of new drugs for overactive bladder.
- Functional obstructed voiding in the neurologically normal patient.
- Does uroflow predict ISD?
- A new look at detrusor underactivity: impaired contractility versus afferent
- Aging and the underactive detrusor: a failure of activity or activation?
- Evidence of a functional effect of transient transurethral catheterization on micturition in women.
- Pseudoreflux and detrusor overactivity due to accidental ureteral catheterization during cytometry in a pediatric patient.
- Functional effect of transient transurethral catheterization on micturition in women: reply.
- Pad weight testing in the evaluation of urinary incontinence.
- Acute lower urinary tract dysfunction (LUTD) following traumatic brain injury (TBI) in rats.
- Evidence of increased centrally enhanced bladder compliance with ageing in a mouse model.
- Overactive bladder in the vulnerable elderly.
- Characterization of the role of HCN channels in β3-adrenoceptor mediated rat bladder relaxation.
Dr. Phillip P Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
FARMINGTON, CT 06030Get Direction
Dr. Phillip P Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Dr. Edmond T. Gonzales MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Ori Hampel M.D.3230 Strawberry Rd Pasadena TX 77504
- Dr. Dung Pham M.D6400 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. James Christopher Sander6620 Main St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. David R. Roth MD1504 Taub Loop Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Edward C Schatte M.D.3230 Strawberry Rd Pasadena TX 77504