Dr. George Woodrum is an anesthesiologist practicing in Fishersville, VA. Dr. Woodrum ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Woodrum also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Pa State Univ Coll Of Med- Hershey Pa 1987
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Anesthesiology
- North Carolina Baptist/Bowman Gray School Of Med
Dr. George Orris Woodrum MD's Practice location
Fishersville, VA 22939Get Direction
Dr. George Orris Woodrum MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Can I Do to Get Rid of My Back Pain?
Stretching to reduce back painStretching can help you to ease your back pain in two ways. First, it helps to relax the back muscles, and second, it strengthens your back muscles. However, forceful stretching that causes pain can do more harm than good. So, it is best to speak with your healthcare...
- What Are Cold Sores?
Cold sores are small, painful blisters that form on the lips or skin around the nose, mouth, or chin. Also called as herpes labialis and fever blisters, cold sores are caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. It usually begins in childhood or young adulthood and continues to persist...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Swen Ericson Laser MDAugusta Medical Center Anesthesia Dept Fishersville VA 22939
- Dr. Timothy J Nitzsche MD78 Medical Center Dr Fishersville VA 22939
- Dr. Jacob M Chacko MDAugusta Medical Center Anesthesia Dept Fishersville VA 22939
- Dr. Robert Jospeh Audet M.D.54 Franklin St Weyers Cave VA 24486
- Dr. Bradley J. Cashion M.D.5115 Bernard Dr Roanoke VA 24018
- Dr. Bart Wesley Balint M.D.54 Franklin St Weyers Cave VA 24486