Dr. Ramin Mostafavi is an ophthalmologist practicing in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Mostafavi specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Mostafavi can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Mostafavi can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1995
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Boston Medical Center, Ophthalmology; Hackensack Univ Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Ramin Mostafavi M.D.'s Practice location
STATEN ISLAND, NY 10306Get Direction
Dr. Ramin Mostafavi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mostafavi
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- Reasons Why You Would Need Laser Eye Surgery
Fast on the heels of FDA approval, the passage of nearly two decades has seen Lasik eye surgery (laser in situ keratomileusis), assuming the number one spot in elective surgical procedures opted by the American public. Lasik has redefined eye care by surgically reshaping the cornea of the eye in...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- Dr. Jeremy M Cotliar M.D.130 FORT WASHINGTON AVE NEW YORK NY 10032
- Dr. Andrew I. Miller M.D.22 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039
- Dr. Tod Haller MD30-74 36th St Queens New York 11103
- Julia P. Shulman20 East 9th Street New York New York 10003
- Dr. Kurt Jackson M.D.216 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Jacqueline Dauhajre MD140 East 80th Street New York New York 10075