Dr. Philip Kaplan is an ophthalmologist practicing in Bay Shore, NY. Dr. Kaplan specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Kaplan can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Kaplan can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1960
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1960
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Kings County Hosp Ctr, Ophthalmology; Brookdale Univ Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Philip Kaplan M.D.'s Practice location
Bay Shore, NY 11706Get Direction
Dr. Philip Kaplan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- What is Keratoconus?
Keratoconus is a non-inflammatory disorder of the eye where the cornea bulges outward like a cone. Thinning and bulging of cornea may result in blurring of vision and make the eye more sensitive to light. This disorder is seen in both the eyes and is common in people from 10-years-old to...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- Dr. Stanley J. Berke M.D.901 Stewart Avenue Garden City New York 11530
- Dr. Matthew P. Strachovsky M.D.360 Montauk Hwy West Islip NY 11795
- Dr. Sajid Malik MD185 Woodbury Road Hicksville New York 11801
- Dr. Ravi Radhakrishnan MD559 Gramatan Avenue Mount Vernon NY 10552
- Dr. Mark Stein M.D.2185 Wantagh Ave Wantagh NY 11793
- Dr. Thierry John Hufnagel MD450 Endo Blvd Garden City NY 11530