Dr. Kerry Brega practices Neurological Surgery in Aurora, CO. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Brega prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1989
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Neurological Surgery; Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. Kerry Brega MD's Practice location
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Kerry Brega MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brega
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Dr. A Samy Youssef M.D.12605 E 16TH AVE AURORA CO 80045
- Dr. Steven Ojemann MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Scott Paul Falci MD3425 S Clarkson St Englewood CO 80113
- Dr. Michael Finn MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Todd Hankinson MD13123 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Jacinto I Manon M.D.8155 E Fairmount Dr Denver CO 80230