Dr. Dirk Schrader practices Emergency Medicine in Athens, GA. Dr. Schrader assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Schrader examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Health care provider communicator style and patient comprehension of oral contraceptive use.
- Coordinated response of aldose reductase and sorbitol dehydrogenase regulates net sorbitol production in the rat renal inner medulla.
- An independent effect of osmolality on urea transport in rat terminal inner medullary collecting ducts.
- Acute changes in intracellular ions or pH and regulation of aldose reductase activity.
- Coordinated response of renal medullary enzymes regulating net sorbitol production in diuresis and antidiuresis.
- Radiation disasters and emergency department preparedness.
- Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Emergency Medicine
Dr. Dirk C. Schrader MD's Practice location
Athens, GA 30606Get Direction
Dr. Dirk C. Schrader MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schrader
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Dr. Timothy J. Garrett M.D.1199 Prince Avenue Athens GA 30606
- Dr. Matthew Robert Martin del campo M.D.1199 PRINCE AVENUE ATHENS GA 30613
- Dr. Jerome Howell M.D.1230 Baxter St Athens GA 30606
- Dr. Neal A Priest MD1230 Baxter St Athens GA 30606
- Dr. Billy F Gardner MD1010 Village Dr Watkinsville GA 30677
- Dr. Andrew K. Barnett MD1199 Prince Ave Athens GA 30606