Dr. Bruce Gordon Hook M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac ElectrophysiologyLahey Clinic 41 Mall Road Burlington MA, 01805
Dr. Bruce Hook is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Burlington, MA. Dr. Hook performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
- Effect of coronary perfusion of heptanol or potassium on conduction and ventricular arrhythmias.
- The mechanism of propafenone-induced slowing of ventricular tachycardia in man as defined by analysis of resetting response patterns.
- Experimental coronary artery thrombosis in the absence of thromboxane A2 synthesis: evidence for alternate pathways for coronary thrombosis.
- Potentiation of the antithrombotic effect of prostacyclin by simultaneous administration of aminophylline in a canine model of coronary artery thrombosis.
- The effect of ibuprofen on accumulation of indium-111-labeled platelets and leukocytes in experimental myocardial infarction.
- Comparison of resetting and entrainment of uniform sustained ventricular tachycardia. Further insights into the characteristics of the excitable gap.
- Modulation of procainamide's effect on conduction by cellular uncoupling in perfused rabbit hearts.
Dr. Bruce Gordon Hook M.D.'s Practice location
Burlington, MA 01805Get Direction
Dr. Bruce Gordon Hook M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hook
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Dr. Juan Viles-gonzalez M.D.1611 NW 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Michael J Mazzini M.D.88 E Newton Street Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Moussa Chafic Mansour MD55 Fruit St Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Bruce Andrew Koplan MD75 Francis Street Pbb1 Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Patrick J Blomberg MD99 Lincoln St Framingham MA 01702
- Dr. Emily B Rose M.D.Brigham And Women's Hospital Boston MA 02115