Dr. Jody Miller is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Butner, NC. Dr. Miller specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Miller helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Psychiatry; Moses H Cone Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jody W. Miller M.D.'s Practice location
Butner, NC 27509Get Direction
BUTNER, NC 27509Get Direction
Dr. Jody W. Miller M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Dr. Julia W Burns M.D.1829 E Franklin St Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Tracey Holsinger MD508 Fulton St Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Crystal Dawn White M.D.2301 Erwin Road Durham NC 27710
- Carolina Aponte urdaneta2301 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Everett Russell Jones M.D.508 Fulton St Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Robert E Williams MD5407 Sky Lane Dr Durham NC 27704