Dr. Zahide Erkmen is an interventional radiologist practicing in Germantown, MD. Dr. Erkmen specializes in minimally invasive, targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists use X-Rays, MRIs and other advanced imaging to put catheters in the body in order to treat the source of the disease internally. Many conditions that once required surgery can now have less risk, less pain and fewer invasions when treated by an interventional radiologist.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1993
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Geo Washington Univ Sch Med, Vascular & Interventional Radiology; Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Diagnostic Radiology; Georgetown Univ Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Zahide Erkmen M.D.'s Practice location
Germantown, MD 20876Get Direction
Dr. Zahide Erkmen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Are Sugar Substitutes Good for Your Health?
Many people who try to lose weight insist on a healthy, balanced diet to shed the pounds they want to lose. Sugar substitutes and artificial sweeteners are a common ingredient in the diet that enables the individual to substitute sugar with these products to help with an effective weight loss. Sugar...
- Why Nurses Are More at Risk of Suicide
Lately, the suicide rate has been increasing. In fact, a study has listed suicide as one of the leading causes of death in England in adults who are under 50. And, this study has also found that nurses are more likely to commit suicide than others, especially if they are female. ...
- What Is Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C is a disease caused by the hepatitis virus C. This disease particularly attacks the liver. In chronic cases, the affected person may not be aware of any signs or symptoms of the disease for years.Symptoms of Hepatitis CPeople who have an acute hepatitis C may not experience any symptoms,...
- Acupuncture: An Alternative Treatment for Diabetes Patients
Similar to other diseases, there are a few alternative treatments for diabetes patients that can compliment their lifestyle, and to further reduce the penalty imposed to him or her by the disease. One of these treatments is the ancient Chinese craft of acupuncture. This technique, belonging the...
- What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure is called by other names, such as congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiac failure, left-sided heart failure, and right-sided heart failure.The heart is an organ that pumps blood to various parts of the body and is a little larger than...
- Is the Atkins Diet Effective?
The Atkins diet, created by cardiologist Robert C. Atkins, is a very popular low-carbohydrate diet. This diet claims to have several benefits including weight loss, reduced appetite, better heart health and improved memory. The theory behind this diet is that obesity results from overeating...
- Dr. Dilip Arwindekar M.D.18111 Prince Philip Dr Olney MD 20832
- Dr. William Xuan Nghiem MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Christopher P Rothstein MD1145 19th St Nw Washington DC 20036
- James Jaffe MD1150 N 35 Ave Hollywood FL 33021
- Andrew Uriah Hines M.D.8600 Old Georgetown Rd Bethesda MD 20814
- David H Field M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033