Dr. Duane Sigmund is an oncologist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Sigmund specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Sigmund manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- University Hospital - UC
Dr. Duane A Sigmund MD's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45236Get Direction
Dr. Duane A Sigmund MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Hormone-Based Chemotherapy Drugs for Breast Cancer
Hormones are those substances in the body that function as chemical messengers. These hormones affect the actions of the cells and the various tissues that are present at various locations in the body, often reaching out to their target through the bloodstream. The hormones estrogen and progesterone...
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- Are Relatives of Someone with Breast Cancer Automatically at Risk?
It is only natural to be concerned as to whether there is an increased risk of cancer in your family if you or one of your close family members (mother, father, brother, sister, son, or daughter) have been diagnosed with breast cancer. This is known as a family history of cancer. However, most...
- New Research Targets Stage Zero Breast Cancer
A new breast cancer diagnosis may provoke many questions. As baby boomers age, the possibility of cancer increases. Gen Xers and millennials may also wonder about their risks, especially if breast cancer runs in the family.Receiving a diagnosis of “stage zero” breast cancer may be baffling. What...
- What Is the Main Cause of Liver Cancer?
What is the main function of the liver?The liver serves as one of the most useful organs in the human body. It carries out many important functions that help sustain life and keep balance within the body. The liver does the following functions:...
- Study Finds Risks of Damage to the Ovaries from Chemotherapy For Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in Women 35 and Older
It is well known that chemotherapy drugs work by warding off cancer cells or stopping them from multiplying. However, they can also affect some of the healthy cells within the body. This, in turn, can cause unwanted side effects, such as reduced fertility. The likeliness of one’s fertility being...
- Dr. Elyse E Lower MD199 William Howard Taft Rd Cincinnati OH 45219
- Dr. Olugbenga Olanrele Olowokure M.D1 Gustave L Levy Pl New York NY 10029
- Dr. Rami Salah-eddin Komrokji M.D.222 Piedmont Ave Cincinnati OH 45219
- Dr. Michael Norbert Neuss M.D.2220 Pierce Avenue, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. William G Danneman MD651 Centre View Blvd Ft Mitchell KY 41017
- Dr. Douglas K Hawley MD199 William Howard Taft Rd Cincinnati OH 45219