Dr. Omobosola O Akinsete M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease3366 Oakdale Ave N Suite 200 Minneapolis MN, 55422
Dr. Omobosola Akinsete is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Akinsete specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of Lagos Coll of Med-Lagos,Nigeria 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Omobosola O Akinsete M.D.'s Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55422Get Direction
Dr. Omobosola O Akinsete M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akinsete
- 5 Tips on Living with Cholera
Cholera, an acute infection that is characterized by diarrhea, is caused by Vibrio cholerae. These are among the most common organisms found on water surfaces of the world. It is caused by the enterotoxin subunit-A of Vibrio cholerae.When living with cholera, one has to have the basic knowledge of...
- Foodborne Diseases Commonly Occur With Imported Foods
According to the CDC, imported foods from different countries are causing more outbreaks of foodborne diseases. “Among the different foods imported from other countries, fish and spices, particularly pepper, are the culprits," says Hannah Gould, PhD, said in a report presented at the International...
- Can I Get Shingles If I Didn’t Have The Chicken Pox?
As a child, you may not have contracted chicken pox, and you are wondering if you can get shingles. The answer is a simple yes. However, you don’t need to panic or get sweaty over this revelation. It does not mean that you must get shingles in the future, but there is a possibility you could...
- What Is Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a very serious disease, which is characterized by a fluid buildup and inflammation in the lungs. This lung infection is caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jiroveci. It is an opportunistic disease that usually infects immunosuppressed individuals, especially...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of AIDS?
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, is a serious secondary immunodeficiency disorder. AIDS is caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). There is progressive destruction of cell-mediated (T cell) immunity. Also, both conditions are characterized by subsequent effects on humoral immunity...
- Dr. Elliot Francke M.D.825 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis Minnesota 55402
- Dr. Winston P Cavert MD420 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Stephen Robert Obaid M.D.6363 France Ave S Minneapolis MN 55435
- Dr. Peter Franklin Bornstein MD1959 Sloan Pl Saint Paul MN 55117
- Dr. Neelay Jitendra Kothari M.D.11676 Wayzata Blvd Hopkins MN 55305
- Dr. Christian Gerald Schrock MD3366 Oakdale Ave N Minneapolis MN 55422