Dr. Emily Lutterloh is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Providence, RI. Dr. Lutterloh specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Indiana University School of Medicine 1998
- Maricopa Med Ctr, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
Dr. Emily Lutterloh MD's Practice location
Providence, RI 02903Get Direction
Dr. Emily Lutterloh MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Orchitis After Mumps
Orchitis is an inflammatory condition of the testes caused by an infection from a virus or bacteria. The infection could be because of mumps, mononucleosis or STDs. Infection due to bacteria develops from the progression of epididymitis, a tube that carries semen out of the testes. Mumps virus is...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Dr. Penelope Dennehy MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Nicole Alexander-scott MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Russell James Mcculloh MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Sabina D. Holland M.D.593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Elizabeth Dufort MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Ian Charles Michelow MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903