Dr. Wayne Ferguson is a surgical oncologist practicing in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Ferguson specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 1966
- University of Virginia Program
Wayne W. Ferguson's Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22908Get Direction
Wayne W. Ferguson's reviewsWrite Review
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- What Tests Determine Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a cancer that begins in the pancreas, which is the organ that lies behind the lower part of the stomach. This type of cancer is really difficult to diagnose and it is often detected late. In most cases, by the time this cancer is detected, it has already spread rapidly and thus...
- Dr. Todd W. Bauer M.D.4 Hospital Dr Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Daniel Kleiner MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Craig L. Slingluff M.D.Uva Hospital West The Cancer Ctr Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Victor M. Zaydfudim M.D.2601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Anneke T. Schroen OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. David R Brenin MDLee St Charlottesville VA 22908