Dr. Wendell Scott is an ophthalmologist practicing in Springfield, MO. Dr. Scott specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Scott can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Scott can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo-Kansas City Sch of Med, Kansas City Mo 1983
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1983
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Povidone-iodine antisepsis for cataract surgery and ophthalmic procedures.
- Reply: To PMID 23608565.
- Flawed culture method in povidone-iodine cataract surgery prep study.
- Re: Abell et al.: anterior capsulotomy integrity after femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery (ophthalmology 2014;121:17-24).
- Emergency eye rinse for chemical injuries: new considerations.
- Femtosecond laser-assisted primary posterior capsulotomy for toric intraocular lens fixation and stabilization.
- Potential confounding factors in a comparison of femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery versus standard phacoemulsification.
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Univ Hosps & Clinics, Ophthalmology; St Luke'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
- St Luke's Hospital Program
Dr. Wendell J. Scott MD's Practice location
Springfield, MO 65804Get Direction
Springfield, MO 65804Get Direction
Dr. Wendell J. Scott MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scott
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Cataract Removed?
How Cataract Surgery is Performed Prior to a cataracts surgery, you will have to attend an eye assessment with an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist will first examine your health condition and any previous eye treatments. They will also check for any other eye problems currently affecting...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Dr. Jacob K. Thomas MD1265 E Primrose St Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. Rachel Owsiak M.D.1229 E Seminole St Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. Shachar Tauber MD1229 E Seminole St Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. Thomas F. Essman MD1229 E Seminole St Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. Mark Anthony Cascairo D.O.1229 E SEMINOLE ST SPRINGFIELD MO 65804
- Dr. Gary L Mehlhorn MD1229 E SEMINOLE ST SPRINGFIELD MO 65804