Dr. Susan Apkon MD
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine4800 Sand Point Way Ne W-6847 Seattle WA, 98105
Dr. Apkon is a UW associate professor and a physician in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine. She is also the director of rehabilitation medicine at Seattle Children's.
Education and Training
University of Vermont College of Medicine 1994
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- 2013 Seattle Magazine Top Doctor - 2013 Seattle Magazine 2013
- 2012 U.S. News Top Doctor U.S. News and World Report
- 2011 Seattle Super Doctors
- 2014 SEATTLE MAGAZINE TOP DOCTOR - 2014 Seattle Magazine 2014
- Rehabilitation, Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Birth Defects
- Abnormal Gait
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Colorado - The Children's Hosp, Aurora
- University of Colorado Denver Affiliated Hospitals 1999
- University of Colorado Program A
Dr. Susan Apkon MD's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98105Get Direction
AURORA, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Susan Apkon MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Apkon
- Headache in the Back of the Head
A headache experienced in the back of the head can have many different causes. Most of these causes can be identified by specific symptoms, such as the exact location of pain and the type or severity of pain experienced. In some cases, certain events can trigger these headaches. CausesDoctors can...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is Sciatica?
What is sciatica?Lower back pain is a very common condition that is often incorrectly managed. Back pain is a challenge in itself since it demands medical support and is a leading source of social, psychological, and physical disabilities. The majority of back pains are self-limiting and simple,...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. Michael Hatzakis M.D.1495 Nw Gilman Blvd Issaquah WA 98027
- Dr. Erik Stanton Brand MD, MSC13353 NE Bel-Red Rd Bellevue WA 98005
- Dr. Garrett S. Hyman M.D.1750 112th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Donna Elizabeth Moore MD2528 Wheaton Way #206 Bremerton WA 98310
- Dr. Matthew James Grierson MDUniversity Of Washington Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Julie Ann Hodapp macaulay MD1100 9th Ave Seattle WA 98101