Dr. Andrea Barker is a general surgeon practicing in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Barker specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Barker provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med 2006
- Combined analysis of allograft inflammatory factor-1, interleukin-18, and Toll-like receptor expression and association with allograft rejection and coronary vasculopathy.
- Prospectively recorded versus medical record-derived spinal cord injury scores in dogs with intervertebral disk herniation.
- Tobacco use as a screener for Clostridium difficile infection outcomes.
Dr. Andrea Kelly Barker M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
LINCOLN, NE 68526Get Direction
Dr. Andrea Kelly Barker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barker
- What Is an Abdominal Hernia?
When a piece of tissue or an organ protrudes from its normal position, the condition is called a hernia. An abdominal hernia occurs when a piece of bowel protrudes through a weak area of the abdominal walls. Muscle and tissue layers form the abdominal walls. Weak spots may arise from these layers,...
- Reasons Why You May Need Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is an operation that is used to remove hydrocele from an individual. The term hydrocele refers to the accumulation of serum fluid around the testicle. This fluid is secreted by a pouch of serous membrane that lines the testicles called tunica vaginalis.Hydrocele that occurs to infants...
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- What to Expect After a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopic ProcedureA laparoscopic surgery is done to deal with abdominal organ problems. A small equipment known as the laparoscope is used to locate and identify defective abdominal organs. Small cuts or incisions are made in the abdomen and the laparoscope is inserted through the incisions,...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Niazy Mahmoud Selim MD, PHD, MBCHB, FACS215 W PRIEN LAKE RD LAKE CHARLES LA 70601
- Sumona Smith Other1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Laura Richards Vick M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Mr. Nathan Dudley Maples M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Will Cauthen M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Robbie Linn Hurtt M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605