Dr. Abid Butt practices Pulmonology in Greenville, NC. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Butt manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, University of Health Sciences Lahore,Bahawalpur, Pakistan
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease- 2011
- Westchester Medical Center 2007
- Westchester Medical Center 2010
- Westchester Medical Center, Pulmonary and Critical Care, NY, USA 2010
Dr. Abid S. Butt M.D.'s Practice location
Greenville, NC 27834Get Direction
LOUISVILLE, KY 40207Get Direction
Dr. Abid S. Butt M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cured Meat Can Result in COPD Flare-Ups
People who consume cured meat, like bacon and salami, possess a greater risk of having a flare-up of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), according to reports researchers. COPD entails several lung diseases that are chronic, including bronchitis and emphysema. These chronic lung conditions...
- “There Are No Alligators in Heaven!” Scores 4-star Review from Portland Books
There Are No Alligators in Heaven! is a book by Donna Codell, Evan Codell, and their daughter, Jennifer Hale. It was published by Starshine Galaxy Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to publishing stories by and about children who have passed away.Portland Book Review (PBR) gave a 4-star...
- Diagnosing COPD
If you have symptoms that are likely to be of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), visit your doctor as soon as possible. You can receive a proper diagnosis if you have COPD after several breathing tests have been administered.Early detection of COPD is essential for those who may be at...
- How Pigs Are Increasing Understanding of Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have been trying to figure out why Cystic Fibrosis (CF) patients are unable to fight off bacterial infections.Recently, studying pigs have helped scientists understand CF better.Why pigs?Initially, mice were used to evaluate CF, but they did not spontaneously develop CF like humans do....
- Is Ibuprofen the Secret to Cystic Fibrosis Treatment?
Scientists say yes. The drug that works wonders for so many other everyday ailments could be a key component in the future treatments of cystic fibrosis patients. It’s hard to imagine that a drug found in nearly everyone's medicine cabinet could be a crucial component in the treatment of cystic...
- COPD: Nicotine Replacement Therapy
Cessation of Smoking and Medication UseThe first goal for patients with COPD who smoke is to get the patient to quit smoking. When a patient with COPD stops smoking, breathing will not be as difficult as it has been while the patient was smoking. Moreover, even if the patient is diligently taking...
- Dr. Thomson C Pancoast M.D.600 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Mark Rollin Bowling MD521a Moye Blvd Fl. 1 Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Zia Ur Rehman MD521 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Isham A Huizar MD600 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Veena Nandwani M.D.2060 W 24th St Yuma AZ 85364
- Craig Jonathan Brown M.D.521 MOYE BLVD GREENVILLE NC 27834