Dr. Ritu Soni is a nephrologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Soni specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Soni most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Perinatal mortality in rural Punjab--a population-based study.
- Comparison of pain response to venipuncture between term and preterm neonates.
- The impact of preschool education component of ICDS on mental and cognitive development of children.
- A comparative study of sterilisation acceptors.
- A simple approach for estimating birth weight in developing countries.
- Efficacy of colour coded strips for classifying birth weights.
- Calf circumference as a birth weight surrogate.
- Consistent accuracy of mid arm circumference and calf circumference as birth weight surrogates during first few days.
- Correlation of some maternal variables with birth weight.
- Awareness about infant feeding practices among nursing personnel.
- Efficacy of colour coded strip based on calf circumference for detection of low birth weight babies.
- Relationship between maternal rest during pregnancy and birth weight.
- Adolescent girls' anxieties -- role of stressful life events.
- Unwanted, unwelcome and unborn -- the female fetus.
- Effect of child loss on contraception acceptance.
Dr. Ritu Kanchan Soni M.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15232Get Direction
WORCESTER, MA 01655Get Direction
Dr. Ritu Kanchan Soni M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- What Is Dysuria: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or discomfort while urinating. This painful, burning sensation is commonly associated with urinary tract infections, which are usually caused by bacteria. Dysuria is also a common symptom of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) and...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Causes of Epilepsy
Epilepsy, also classified as seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder affecting the nervous system. A seizure is the result of electrical activity disturbance in the brain.There is no single cause for epilepsy for about half of the population with this condition. In other cases, the cause of...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- Dr. Bhavna Chopra MD320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Christopher A. Gisler MD1401 FORBES AVE STE 350 PITTSBURGH PA 15219
- Dr. Maria Diana Vornicu M.D.4815 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Dr. James E Mccann D.O.1597 WASHINGTON PIKE BRIDGEVILLE PA 15017
- Dr. Rozlyn Berty MD320 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Matthew G Pesacreta M.D.1597 WASHINGTON PIKE BRIDGEVILLE PA 15017