Dr. Martin Harssema is an anesthesiologist practicing in Alexandria, Virginia. Dr. Harssema ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Harssema also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
U of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 2000
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Tx Med Sch-San Antonio, General Surgery
- University of Florida (Anesthesiology)
- Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center (General Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
Articles and Publications
Hobbies / Sports
- Sailing, Snowboarding, Photography, Being Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- The American Journal of Anesthesiology, Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery
Dr. Martin J. Harssema M.D.'s Practice location
Alexandria, Virginia 22314Get Direction
AURORA, CO 80015Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Martin J. Harssema M.D. | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Martin J. Harssema M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Harssema
- Myths About Meningitis
You've probably heard stories of people who have died of meningitis, or you've heard that contracting it is as simple as kissing someone with the infection. However, being aware of what is fact and what is fiction is important. Below are some of the myths about meningitis and their truths. ...
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that a person develops after witnessing a very stressful and terrifying event. In most cases, the person must have faced a life-threatening event or an incident in which serious injury was involved. Events that trigger fear,...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR5550 Friendship Blvd. Chevy Chase Maryland 20815
- Dr. Ali H. Nagia M.D.2280 Opitz Boulevard Woodbridge Virginia 22191
- Dr. Monica L. Wallace MD10810 Connecticut Avenue Kensington MD 20895
- Dr. Levi Pearson M.D.1055 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia Maryland 21044
- Dr. Kumudhini Hendrix MD3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Dr. David L. Chandler D.O.35 Memorial Drive Pinehurst North Carolina 28374