Cathy A Helgason
Neurologist | Neurology1740 W Taylor St Neuroscience Center, Chicago IL, 60612
Dr. Cathy Helgason practices Neuropathology in Chicago, IL. Dr. Helgason studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
University of Iceland Laeknadeild 1978
University of Iceland Faculty of Medicine
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Vascular Neurology
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Memory Loss
- Spinal Stenosis
- Vascular Disease
- University Of Chicago
Cathy A Helgason's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Cathy A Helgason's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Helgason
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- 5 Tips on Living with Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless legs syndrome is a neurological disorder, which affects millions of people each year. If you are suffering from restless legs syndrome, you will experience severe or mild pains as well as uncomfortable sensations in your legs when you are lying down or sitting. You will experience...
- Everest to End Duchenne: A Journey Against Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Latest research on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (usually abbreviated as DMD) have been actively pursuing different, exciting strategies and methods. Some of the most renowned ones that have been tested on humans in clinical trials recently are: gene repair, gene therapy and exon skipping. This...
- Self-Care for Parkinson's Disease Patients
At some point in the development of the disease, Parkinson’s affects the patient’s life. Nothing can prepare you for the feeling brought upon by hearing the diagnosis, which sometimes may seem numbing and scary. Parkinson’s disease isn’t curable, and knowing that you will have the disease...
- What Are the Treatments for Cold Sores?
Cold sores are inflamed fluid-filled blisters, which appear in clusters on and around the mouth or lips. They can be seen when a person has a weakened immune system during fever, cold, or any other disease. Usually, cold sores are not harmful and should heal on their own within two to four weeks...
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Dr. Kenneth W. Holmes M.D.111 N. Wabash Ave Chicago Illinois 60602
- Ashok Devasenapathy175 E Delaware Place CHICAGO IL 60611
- Gail L. Rosseau4501 North Winchester Avenue Chicago Illinois 60640
- Dr. Anil Gulati MD2850 South Wabash Avenue Chicago Illinois 60616
- Dr. Roumen D. Balabanov M.D.1725 West Harrison Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Christopher Graves Goetz MD1725 W Harrison Chicago IL 60612