Dr. James Dargin is a critical care surgeon practicing in Beverly, MA. Dr. Dargin specializes in the needs of critically ill surgical patients. Critical care surgeons are experts in treating physiologic responses to tissue injury from trauma, burns, infections, acute inflammation, operation and more. They are also trained to know how such injuries interact with other diseases that a patient may have. As a critical care surgeon, Dr. Dargin has a broad knowledge base and full understanding of the biology of the critically ill patient and the patients organ system functions.
Education and Training
Boston University School of Medicine 2004
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- The painful eye.
- Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm presenting as painless testicular ecchymosis: the scrotal sign of Bryant revisited.
- The factors affecting success rate of emergency intubation: author’s reply.
- Left-sided superior vena cava and venous hyperoxia masquerading as inadvertent carotid artery catheterization.
- Can We Trust Observational Studies Using Propensity Scores in the Critical Care
- An Assessment of Critical Care Interventions and Resource Utilization During
- Independent lung ventilation in the management of ARDS and bronchopleural fistula.
- Utility and diagnostic accuracy of bedside lung ultrasonography during medical emergency team (MET) activations for respiratory deterioration.
- 2004 Alpha Omega Alpha BU School of Medicine
- 2008 Frommer Award for Academic Excellence Boston Medical Center
- Clinical Teaching Recognition Award 2009 University of Pittsburgh
- Boston Medical Center 2005
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Fellow:Critical Care Medicine 2008
Dr. James Dargin, MD's Practice location
Beverly, MA 01915Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. James Dargin, MD | Internist | Critical Care Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. James Dargin, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Dargin
- Non-Medical Treatments for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a critical condition that should be taken very seriously. If left untreated for a long period of time, it can lead to fatal consequences. Many people who suffer from this condition underestimate its significance and do not follow their doctors' orders. It is...
- Diagnosing Heart Palpitations
What are heart palpitations?Heart palpitations are when you start feeling your own heart beating. You will feel as if your heart is beating too fast, slow, forcefully, or irregularly. You will feel as if you missed a beat. The frequency and severity of heart palpitations will vary from one person to...
- Are There Supplements to Protect Your Health During Flu Season?
During flu season, it is difficult to keep your symptoms at bay once you have contracted the virus. Moreover, certain over-the-counter medications can cause nausea because your body is not used to being so weak, in addition to a multitude of side effects caused by these drugs. There have been...
- What Causes Blood in Semen?
What does blood in semen mean?Blood found in urine or stool can be a cause for concern. Similarly, when a man comes across blood in semen, then it can make him anxious. The medical term for blood found in semen is hematospermia or hemospermia. Fortunately, blood in semen does not always indicate a...
- Do I Need to Change My Lifestyle Habits if I Have Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism is a disease that affects the metabolic rate and energy levels of the body. It is characterized by a defect in the thyroid gland that reduces the production of thyroid hormones, the hormones responsible for regulating the metabolism of the body. Hypothyroidism is characterized by...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Dr. Stanley A Nasraway MD800 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Michael William Donnino MD330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Rajanigandha Dhokarh M.D41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Dhamodaran Palaniappan MD75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. John J Brady MD1 GENERAL ST LAWRENCE MA 01841
- Dr. Peter Laussen MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115