Dr. Frederick C. Aldrich M.D.
Pediatrician | Developmental ? Behavioral Pediatrics2940 Ingersoll Avenue Des Moines Des Moines IA, 50312
Dr. Frederick Aldrich is a pediatrician practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Aldrich is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Aldrich diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Aldrich can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1973
University of Michigan Medical School 1973
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Central Ia Hlth Sys/Ia Methodi, Pediatrics
- Raymond Blank Hospital Chldn
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Lutheran Hospital) Program
Dr. Frederick C. Aldrich M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50312Get Direction
Dr. Frederick C. Aldrich M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Aldrich
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Fast Weight Gain in Infants Predicts Obesity in Their Future
“Babies who gain weight quickly within the first two years have a high risk of childhood obesity," says a new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Infants who gain weight after 6-12 months are more likely to be obese when they are 5-years-old to 10-years-old....
- Father's Age at Conception Can Affect Social Development in his Child
It has been known for a while now, but not fully understood why, that the age of parents can have an effect on the child's chance of being on the autism spectrum. The full reasons why are not known, but there are some ideas. To examine the potential reasons, recently a study looked at behavioral...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Dr. Rachelle L Gammon DO974 73rd St Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Rhonda J Enserro MD974 73rd St Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Dennis S Lonzarich MD974 73rd St Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Heidi Shreck MD974 73rd St Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Betsy Sigler DO974 73rd Street Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Joel E Waymire MD974 73rd St Des Moines IA 50312