Dr. Janet Claassen MD
Allergist and Immunologist | Allergy8 Southwoods Blvd Albany NY, 12211
Dr. Janet Claassen practices Allergy and Immunology care in Albany, NY. Dr. Claassen specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Claassen provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1983
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1983
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
- Food Allergies
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Allergy And Immunology; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Pediatrics
- U Wisc Hosp Clins
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. Janet Claassen MD's Practice location
Dr. Janet Claassen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Claassen
- Exercising Can Reduce Allergies
It is indeed a challenge to do outdoor exercises if you are an individual with allergies. Here are a few things to keep in mind when going for some exercise outdoors.Know the triggers for allergies“It is very important to know what you are allergic to”, says Michael Blaiss, MD, a past president...
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac: The Rashes
What is poison ivy? Poison ivy (Toxicodendron radicans) is a popular plant known for causing rashes and skin irritation when one comes in contact with it.Poison ivy is a woody shrub or vine that is found in either shady or sunny locations. It can grow up to six feet tall as a shrub, or 150 feet tall...
- Autoimmune Disorders Affect Birth Rates
New research suggests that more than half of women who suffer from autoimmune disorders, like rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and lupus, have fewer babies than planned. This study is the first of its kind to find an association between autoimmune disorders and different conditions, like infertility,...
- AIDS: What you Need to Know
HIV and AIDSAIDS and HIV go hand in hand. First, let's talk about HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). HIV attacks the body's immune system. This was first discovered in Central Africa from chimpanzees. It is believed to be transferred to humans when humans hunted chimpanzees and came in contact with...
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- Dr. Kemp W Bundy M.D.8 SOUTHWOODS BLVD ALBANY NY 12211
- Dr. Scott Osur MD8 Southwoods Blvd Albany NY 12211
- Dr. Michael Katlan MD8 Southwoods Blvd Albany NY 12211
- Dr. Nancy Wade MD8 Southwoods Blvd Albany NY 12211
- Dr. Kris Saririan MD8 Southwoods Blvd Albany NY 12211
- Dr. David Shulan MD8 Southwoods Blvd Albany NY 12211