Dr. Alan Segal M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1 S Prospect St Burlington VT, 05401
Dr. Alan Segal is a nephrologist practicing in Burlington, VT. Dr. Segal specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Segal most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Electrolyte Disorders, Kidney Problems
- Michael Reese Hospital and Med Center
- Michael Reese Hospital
- Bridgeport Hospital/Yale University Program
- Yale University School of Medicine Nephrology
Dr. Alan Segal M.D.'s Practice location
Burlington, VT 05401Get Direction
Dr. Alan Segal M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Segal
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- What is a Cluster Headache?
Headaches that recur two to three times during a short period of time are known as cluster headaches. This may last for few weeks, to months. These headaches often occur after sleep and recur throughout the day. It usually appears during the same time of the year, or season of the year. It may...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- Vertigo: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Vertigo is a fairly common condition that causes an individual to feel as if their head is spinning and he or she becomes dizzy. It is usually temporary, only for a few seconds to minutes, occurring only when you make sudden head movements, but sometimes it can be so severe that it begins to...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Dr. Dana Gabriela Negoi MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Varun Agrawal MD1 SOUTH PROSPECT STREET SOUTH BURLINGTON VT 05403
- Dr. Wolfgang Johannes Weise M.D.1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Richard Jay Solomon MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Jeffrey Michael Rimmer MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Craig Geoffrey Hurwitz M.D.159 Margaret St Plattsburgh NY 12901