Dr. Johnathan Vansant is a radiologist practicing in Blue Ridge, GA. Dr. Vansant specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
Nuclear MedicineAmerican Board of Nuclear MedicineABNM
- Three-dimensional color-modulated display of myocardial SPECT perfusion distributions accurately assesses coronary artery disease.
- Gated stress-only 99mTc myocardial perfusion SPECT imaging accurately assesses coronary artery disease.
- The effect of varying tourniquet applications on the flow pattern of lower extremity radionuclide venography.
- Three-dimensional displays of left ventricular epicardial surface from standard cardiac SPECT perfusion quantification techniques.
- Assessment of mechanical function as an adjunct to myocardial perfusion/metabolism emission tomography studies.
- Early stage melanoma: lymphoscintigraphy, reproducibility of sentinel node detection, and effectiveness of the intraoperative gamma probe.
- Technetium-99m-sulfur colloid for lymphoscintigraphy: effects of preparation parameters.
- Clinical validation of three-dimensional color-modulated displays of myocardial perfusion.
- Lymphoscintigraphy, the sentinel node concept, and the intraoperative gamma probe in melanoma, breast cancer, and other potential cancers.
- Gadolinium utilization in the MR evaluation of cardiac paraganglioma.
- Vanderbilt University
Johnathan Paul Vansant MD's Practice location
Blue Ridge, GA 30513Get Direction
BLAIRSVILLE, GA 30512Get Direction
Johnathan Paul Vansant MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...