Dr. Theodore Paradowski is a gastroenterologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Paradowski specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Paradowski performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 2005
American Board of Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Acid Reflux
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Colon Polyps
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Sangamon County Medical Society
- Washington University - Barnes-Jewish Hospital internal medicine
- Washington University - Barnes-Jewish Hospital (2008)
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine gastroenterology
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine (2011)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterological Association, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians. Crohn\'s & Colitis Foundation, Illinois State Medical Society, Sangamon County Medical Society
Dr. Theodore J. Paradowski, MD's Practice location
Springfield, IL 62703Get Direction
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Theodore J. Paradowski, MD | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Theodore J. Paradowski, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Paradowski
Get to know Gastroenterologist Dr. Theodore J. Paradowski, who serves patients in Springfield, Illinois.
Dr. Paradowski is a practicing gastroenterologist within the Department of Gastroenterology at Springfield Clinic. His top areas of focus include colon screening, colonoscopy, and hepatitis C.
The Springfield Clinic’s gastroenterology team specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon. They perform diagnostic procedures, such as colonoscopies or upper GI endoscopies, and take state-of-the-art measures to examine patients.
Currently licensed to practice medicine in Illinois and Missouri, Dr. Paradowski is affiliated with Ambulatory Surgery & Endoscopy Center, Memorial Medical Center, and HSHS St. John’s Hospital.
The doctor’s acclaimed career in medicine began after he earned his medical degree from the Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 2005. He then went on to perform his residency in internal medicine at Washington University – Barnes-Jewish Hospital in 2008, and his fellowship in gastroenterology at Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 2011.
Subsequent to his education, Dr. Paradowski received board certification in gastroenterology through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). The ABIM is a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world.
Prestigious professional memberships of which he is a member of include the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, the American Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, the Illinois State Medical Society, and the Sangamon County Medical Society.
Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine focused on the digestive system and its disorders. A gastroenterologist is a physician who has extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the esophagus, stomach, small intestines, colon, liver, pancreas, and biliary system.
- What Is Indigestion? Get the Facts
Indigestion, also known as heartburn, is a common term used to describe the discomfort or pain felt in the upper abdomen just below the ribs. It is not a disease. It is merely a symptom and it can be just another symptom of many digestive problems. The main complaint of those who experience...
- What Are the Symptoms of Gallstones?
Gallstones are hardened, stone-like particles formed from the contents of the gallbladder. The stones vary in size, from very small grains to the size of a golf ball. In general, small gallstones may remain asymptomatic. But when the stones block the duct, it affects the movement of bile into the...
- Best Home Remedies for Heartburn
Heartburn is usually triggered when stomach acid travels up toward the esophagus and cause a burning feeling in your throat or chest. It can be a very unpleasant feeling, but there are natural home remedies that can help relieve it aside from taking over-the-counter medications. However, it's time...
- Are Blood Transfusions and Celiac Disease Related?
Celiac disease is a dangerous autoimmune disease that is triggered by the consumption of foods that have gluten, which is commonly found in wheat, barley and rye; when people with celiac disease consume foods with gluten, a reaction is triggered that forces the immune system to respond by damaging...
- Dietary Supplements for Celiac Disease
What is celiac disease?Celiac disease is a hereditary autoimmune disease. Thus, it usually runs in the family of the individual. When individuals with celiac disease take any food that contains gluten, their body's immune system attacks the small intestine. In many cases, it is often difficult to...
- Childhood Crohn’s Diagnosis Linked with Cancer Risk, Study Finds
Inflammatory bowel disease most often affects young adults. However, children can also be diagnosed too. When inflammatory bowel disease affects a child, it causes painful gastrointestinal symptoms that are especially difficult for kids to bear.It's hard for kids to understand what's happening to...
- Aman Ali M.D.3309 Panther Creek Drive Springfield Illinois 62711
- Dr. Abdul Rehman MD751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Sailaja M. Cheruku M.D.1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703
- Dr. Howard B Chodash M.D.2901 Old Jacksonville Rd Springfield IL 62704
- Dr. Russell Yang M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Stuart A Torgerson M.D.2901 Old Jacksonville Rd Springfield IL 62704