Dr. Sunil Sood MD
Infectious Disease Specialist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Infectious DiseasesNsuh-Dept Of Pediatrics 300 Community Drive Manhasset NY, 11030
Dr. Sunil Sood is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Manhasset, NY. Dr. Sood specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Christian Med Coll, Punjab Univ, Ludhiana, Punjab, India 1977
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Pediatrics; Georgetown Univ Hosp, Pediatrics
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Tulane University Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Sunil Sood MD's Practice location
Manhasset, NY 11030Get Direction
Dr. Sunil Sood MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sood
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Does My Child have Whooping Cough?
What is pertussis?Pertussis, or whooping cough, is a highly contagious airborne disease of the respiratory system and can occur in children, adolescents, and adults of any age, unless they are vaccinated. The frequency of the occurrence in the U.S. are very promising, as annually there are 5,000 to...
- Are There Any Complications of Mumps?
What Can Make Me Think That My Baby Is Having Complications?Mumps develop a row of inflammations in the different parts of your child’s body. The intensity of the condition varies and the age of your child plays a pivotal role here. Inflammation of the testicles (orchitis) may occur on the 6-8th...
- Orchitis After Mumps
Orchitis is an inflammatory condition of the testes caused by an infection from a virus or bacteria. The infection could be because of mumps, mononucleosis or STDs. Infection due to bacteria develops from the progression of epididymitis, a tube that carries semen out of the testes. Mumps virus is...
- Dr. Nathan Litman MDCham Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Marc Foca OtherColumbia University Department Pediatric New York NY 10032
- Dr. Tsoline Kojaoghlanian MDCham Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. John G Larsen MD1245 Park Ave New York NY 10128
- Dr. Adam Ratner MD3959 Broadway New York NY 10032
- Dr. Stefan Hagmann MD1650 Selwyn Ave Bronx NY 10457