Dr. David Butsch is a general surgeon practicing in Barre, VT. Dr. Butsch specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Butsch provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1966
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- St Luke'S-Roosevelt H-Roosevel, General Surgery
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Program
Dr. David W. Butsch M.D.'s Practice location
Barre, VT 05641Get Direction
Dr. David W. Butsch M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Butsch
- What is Carpal Tunnel Release?
Carpal tunnel release surgery is a medical procedure that is used to relieve symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Such symptoms include pain in the hand, tingling, and numbness. The procedure involves separating the ligaments in your hand to help relieve pressure on the nerve that...
- Treatments For Pleurisy
Pleurisy is a treatable condition with a very good prognosis. The aims in the management of pleurisy are to relieve the symptoms and treat the underlying cause of pleurisy.Relieving the SymptomsPleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes that line your lungs and the inner chest wall. The...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- What to Expect After a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is mostly carried out as an outpatient operation, where the patient is allowed to go home on the same day after the surgery. However, a one-day hospital stay is recommended if complications occur after the operation and if the patient has a minor or complex medical...
- Reasons Why You Need Hernia Surgery
Nowadays, the majority of hernia surgical operations are carried out as outpatient procedures. Hernia surgery is a common treatment which is less invasive and is associated with minimal risks. There are two types of hernia surgery; open repair and laparoscopic. Both methods of surgery take a few...
- What Happens During an Appendectomy?
When the appendix experiences an infection, it becomes swollen and causes a lot of pain. It is necessary to undergo a surgical operation to remove this appendix that causes the discomfort. Functions of this organ called the appendix are not very clear, it is vestigial and, as such, its removal is...
- Dr. Eduards Gunars Ziedins M.D.130 Fisher Rd Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. Mark E. Crane MD286 Hospital Loop Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. Laurie Spaulding MD130 Fisher Rd Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. Michael H Mason MD286 Hospital Loop Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. Louis Thayer Merriam M.D.130 Fisher Rd Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. David Angstreich M.D.Fisher Road Barre VT 05641