Dr. Stephen Eugene Clayson MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon324 10th Ave Salt Lake City UT, 84103
Dr. Clayson enjoys digital photography and traveling to places worth photographing. He is an avid BYU fan. He and his wife, Sandra, have four children who have all flown the coop, leaving them with an ...
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1982
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Excellent outcomes in a case of complex re-do surgery requiring prolonged cardioplegia using a new cardioprotective approach: adenocaine.
- Surgical treatment of isolated (lone) atrial fibrillation with Gemini-S Ablation and Left Atrial Appendage Excision (GALAXY procedure).
- Stress-related subintimal hyperplasia.
- Heart Problems
- Member American Board of Surgery
- Member American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Member American College of Cardiology
- Member American College of Chest Physicians
- Member American College of Surgeons
- Member American Medical Association
- Member National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member Salt Lake County Medical Society
- Member Utah Medical Association
- Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Thoracic Surgery; Deaconess Hosp, General Surgery
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 1982
- Deaconess Hospital, Evansville 1982
- New England Deaconess Hospital - Boston, MA in Thoracic Surgery 1988
- Emory University - Atlanta, GA in Thoracic Surgery 1988
Dr. Stephen Eugene Clayson MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84103Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Eugene Clayson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Clayson
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...