Dr. Rocio Salas-Whalen practices Endocrinology in New York, ny. Dr. Salas-Whalen specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Salas-Whalen examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
American Board of Obesity Medicine
Endocrinology (Internal Medicine)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- American Thyroid Association
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American Obesity Association
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center ( New York, NY )
Dr. Rocio Salas-Whalen, MD's Practice location
New York, ny 10128Get Direction
Baltimore, MD 21201Get Direction
Melbourne, FL 32901Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Rocio Salas-Whalen, MD | Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Rocio Salas-Whalen, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Salas-Whalen
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- What Are HIIT Workouts?
What is a HIIT Workout?HIIT workout plans are intensive and punishing, but there are good reasons why they are very popular. HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training. As its name implies, it is an explosive and high-power workout. It is not a specific workout or exercise routine. Rather,...
- Possible Link Found Between Polycystic Ovary System and Type 2 Diabetes
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, also known as PCOS, is a condition that affects more than 200,000 people a year. PCOS is when a woman has several small cysts in the ovaries. There are several symptoms of this illness, including unpredictable hormonal behavior, infertility, acne, and excessive hair...
- What is Type 1 Diabetes?
What is an auto-immune disease?Your immune system protects you from foreign invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungus by destroying them. In auto-immune diseases, the body mistakes self tissues to be foreign and destroys them. In other words, auto-immunity is an abnormal condition in which the...
- What is Low T?
Low T, or low testosterone, refers to the reduced levels of the male hormone, testosterone, in the body. This condition is becoming increasingly common among males. Testosterone contributes to:...
- This Disorder is Extremely Common Among Men with Diabetes
A topic that can be sensitive among men is erectile dysfunction. Many men find themselves uncomfortable discussing their sexual health if there is a problem. Since it is such a sensitive subject many men avoid talking about it with their doctor or even their significant other. This can be a problem...
- Dr. Rakhil Rubinova D.O.9935 65th Rd Rego Park NY 11374
- Dr. Edward M Condon MD6080 jericho turnpike Commack NY 11725
- Dr. Martin Greenfield MD2 Prohealth Plaza Lake Success New York 11042
- Dr. Dina S. Prus MD264 Boyden Avenue Maplewood New Jersey 07040
- Dr. Justina May Deitz D.O.180 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Tatiana Baron D.O.3003 New Hyde Park Road New Hyde Park New York 11042