Dr. Sarmila Govindan MD
Internist5783 N Lincoln Ave Chicago IL, 60659
Dr. Sarmila Govindan is an internist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Govindan specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Govindan provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Sarmila Govindan MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60659Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60640Get Direction
- How Can I Prevent Premature Graying?
As pigmentation cells stop producing the pigment, gray hair is the result. It may also be bleached by the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide, a chemical naturally produced in the body. In most cases, graying occurs by the time an individual is 30-years-old. Most people have gray hair by the time they...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- The Possible Causes of Rib Pain
What is a rib cage?A human rib cage consists of 12 pairs of ribs, which are symmetrically paired on both sides of the body. The rib cage shields the organs located in the chest region, which include the lungs and heart from any kind of damage or injury. The ribs are attached to the sternum...
- What Is Leukopenia: Symptoms and Causes
What is leukopenia?Leukopenia is a condition in which abnormally low white blood cells are circulating in the blood. This condition can be diagnosed using a blood test called complete blood count (CBC). A normal white blood cell count is usually between 3,500-11,000 WBCs per microliter. People...
- What Conditions are Associated with Hip Pain?
Severe pain in the hip may make it hard to walk or climb the stairs. Issues with muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones may all cause hip pain. Many diseases and conditions may also result in pain. Location of the pain in the hip often tells about the actual cause behind the pain.In some cases, the...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- Mr. Demetrios John Giokaris MD4921 North Western Avenue Chicago Illinois 60625
- Dr. Theodore Morrison Homa MD3295 N Arlington Heights Rd Arlington Heights IL 60004
- Dr. Jaroslaw Leszczak MD1550 N NORTHWEST HWY PARK RIDGE IL 60068
- Dr. Haresh Sawlani M.D.3445 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634
- Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.3048 N Wilton Ave Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Irma Kuptel MD1550 N. NW Highway Park Ridge Illinois 60068