Mr. Mumtaz Akram M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology906 S Sunset Ave Suite 101 West Covina CA, 91790
Specializing in gastroenterology and internal medicine, Dr. Mumtaz Akram, MD is one of the country's most highly ranked doctors. He currently practices medicine at Glendora, California and West covina, ...
Education and Training
Khyber Med Coll, Univ of Peshawar, Peshawar, Pakistan 1966
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine 1966
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Wayne St Univ Affil Hosp, Gastroenterology; Wayne St Univ Affil Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Wayne State University School of Medicine Program
Mr. Mumtaz Akram M.D.'s Practice location
West Covina, CA 91790Get Direction
Mr. Mumtaz Akram M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akram
- How Are Gallstones Diagnosed?
What are gallstones?Gallstones are stones that are formed either in your gallbladder or the bile duct. The gallbladder is a small organ located just under the liver. Its basic function is to hold bile, which is a digestive fluid secreted by the liver. The gallbladder releases bile when it is...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- What Is Liver Cancer: Get the Facts
Liver cancer happens when the liver's normal cells change in behavior and appearance. As a result, the abnormal liver cells divide and grow uncontrollably. Liver cancer is also referred to as "hepatic cancer", which can either be primary or secondary. The liver is a large organ that is located...
- New At-Home Test Can Detect Even the Smallest Quantities of Gluten
Being gluten-free is the only way to healthy living with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Nowadays, more people are going gluten-free as they become aware of the condition, and there have been better diagnostic tools to help pinpoint the problem.Being gluten-free is challenging. Excluding...
- Avoid Delaying Acute Ulcerative Colitis Surgery, Study Says
The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting presented data that showed postoperative complications and longer hospital stays were more common in patients with acute ulcerative colitis, for whom surgery was postponed. Ira Leeds, general surgery resident of the...
- Gluten-Free Cooking Ideas
Celiac disease patients or those living a gluten-free lifestyle might find cooking at home to be overwhelming. What are safe and unsafe ingredients? How can someone make a delicious meal without sacrificing flavor or exceeding the weekly budget?Many people ask these questions. There are many...
- Dr. Anastacio Castro Pinzon2252 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles CA 90057
- Dr. James Leonard Buxbaum M.D.1520 San Pablo St Los Angeles CA 90033
- Dr. Scott P Sainburg M.D.1847 SUNNYCREST DR FULLERTON CA 92835
- Dr. Patrick B Truong M.D.1135 S Sunset Ave West Covina CA 91790
- Dr. Jason Haeshik Shin M. D.250 W Bonita Ave Pomona CA 91767
- Dr. Eugene Jay Yoon M.D.1847 SUNNYCREST DR FULLERTON CA 92835