Dr. David Barker is a urologist practicing in Shelby, NC. Dr. Barker specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1971
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Naval Reg Med Ctr, Urology; Carolinas Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- Great West Healthcare
Dr. David B Barker MD's Practice location
Shelby, NC 28150 Get Direction
Shelby, NC 28150 Get Direction
Dr. David B Barker MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Risk Factors for Testicular Cancer
Testicular cancer happens when germ cells within the male testicles start reproducing in an uncontrolled manner, resulting in a mass of tissue called a tumor. Germ cells are cells that eventually grow into sperm cells, and germ cell tumors account for more than 98 percent of all cancers affecting...
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- Top Uses of Finasteride
Finasteride is an oral prescription medication in the form of film-coated tablets. It is available as a generic drug and under the brand names Propecia and Proscar. Although generic drugs are cheaper than brand-name drugs, their availability may be limited when it comes to their form or strength...
- What Are the Key Characteristics of Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus. There are two types of HSV: HSV-1, which mostly causes cold sores, and HSV-2, which mostly causes genital herpes.Some cases of genital herpes may also be caused by HSV-1. This sexually transmitted infection is quite common among the adult...
- Blood in Urine: What Doctor Should I Call?
Blood in urine can be sourced to cancerous growths, infections in the urinary and genital system, or kidney stones among other diseases. The level of medical care and specialist intervention is determined by the symptoms that you show. Although it is a sign and not a disease, it should not be...
- Does AZO Work for UTIs?
What is AZO?AZO is an analgesic that relieves urinary discomfort caused by a urinary tract infection or catheter use. It is a brand name for phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It eases the pain in the urinary tract by soothing the mucous membranes. However, its exact mechanism remains unknown.The active...