Dr. Paul Andrew Sykes M.D., PH.D.
Neurologist | Neurology52 Medical Park Drive E Suite320 Birmingham AL, 35235
Dr. Paul Sykes practices Neuropathology in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Sykes studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
University of Virginia Medical School , Charlottsville, Va Medicine 2005
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- 2009
- A "waiting for investigation" index would be useful.
- Development and sensitivity to serotonin of Drosophila serotonergic varicosities in the central nervous system.
- Risk factors and operative mortality in surgery for colorectal cancer.
- Surgery in a district general hospital.
- Recurrent ingrowing toenails.
- Ingrowing toenails: studies of segmental chemical ablation.
- Management of ingrowing toenail.
- Disimpaction of swallowed bolus.
- Ceftriaxone versus povidone iodine in preventing wound infections following biliary surgery.
- DHSS waiting list statistics--a major deception?
- Who undertakes the consultations in the outpatient department?
- Encapsulated small bowel: an anatomical curiosity explained.
- Operative mortality rate and surgery for colorectal cancer.
- Treatment of ingrowing toenails by surgeons and chiropodists.
- Phenolization as an adjunct to Zadik's procedure for ingrowing toenail and onychogryphosis.
- University of Alabama Birmingham Neurology 2005
Dr. Paul Andrew Sykes M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35235Get Direction
LONGMONT, CO 80501Get Direction
Dr. Paul Andrew Sykes M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sykes
- Headache in the Back of the Head
A headache experienced in the back of the head can have many different causes. Most of these causes can be identified by specific symptoms, such as the exact location of pain and the type or severity of pain experienced. In some cases, certain events can trigger these headaches. CausesDoctors can...
- Inspiring Man with Becker Muscular Dystrophy Hikes 500-Mile Spanish Trail
This man hiked 500 miles this summer, and he also has Becker muscular dystrophy.This is the inspiring story of Bryan Steward. He is a 24-year-old man who was diagnosed with Becker muscular dystrophy at a very young age (when he was only 8 years old). However, he has never stopped hiking. Since he...
- Multiple Sclerosis: How it Feels to Live with a Progressive Disease
When spring kicks in, you might be hyper-aware now of everything you've done, good and bad, since last year at this time. Maybe you're mulling over what you haven't achieved, or the weight you didn't lose that you promised as a New Years's resolution. Instead of being happy, you are sad with a...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Amy Schumer's Shares How Multiple Sclerosis Rocked Her Family
Amy Schumer is one of America’s favorite comedy actresses, but it is not all fun and games off camera.Amy has come out a couple times, through her book and through social media, to share a bit about her experience having a parent with multiple sclerosis (MS).As adult children, we usually reach a...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Hisham Hakim MDMPH7500 Hugh Daniel Drive Birmingham Alabama 35242
- Dr. William E. Lievens M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Toby Gropen MD619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35249
- Dr. Natividad P Stover MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Peter H King MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Cheryl A Palmer MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233