Dr. Shashidhar M Shettar M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA, 70605
Dr. Shashidhar Shettar practices Sleep Medicine in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Shettar studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Bangalore Med Coll, Bangalore Univ, Bangalore, Karnataka, India MD
Dr. Shashidhar M Shettar M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Shashidhar M Shettar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shettar
- Clean Sleeping and Its Benefits for Sleep Apnea Patients
A lot of scientists focus on conducting research about the benefits of healthy sleeping, as well as the effects of having not enough sleep. Sleep is considered as a mysterious part of the human lives since there is no known scientific explanation why people sleep. However, despite this fact, sleep...
- Sleep Apnea Control May Contribute to Stroke Recovery
Obstructive sleep apnea, the most common form of sleep apnea, is characterized by repetitive closure of the upper airway during sleep. This closure results in a recurrent cycle of sleep disruption and possible hypoxia. Symptoms include loud snoring, feeling unrested when you wake up, and a general...
- Are You an Insomniac Before Getting Your Period?
Many women complain of insomnia a few days before getting their periods. “The actual reason behind this feeling is changing levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone”, says Michael Breus, PhD, ABSM, a sleep expert. “These changes in hormones can affect an individual's ability to fall...
- It’s Never Too Late: Woman Lost 250 Pounds After Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
Clocking at over 405 pounds, Elle Goodall needed to change her habits. After being diagnosed with diabetes mellitus at age 26, doctors warned her that she would not live past her 40s due to obesity. Instead of slumping into depression, she decided to make herself feel better.Changing Her Diet Plan...
- Sleep Apnea's Impact on a Patient's Heart
Though sleep apnea often causes atrial fibrillation, there is a lack of awareness.Neglecting sleep disorders is easy. They are widely prevalent, and yet poorly diagnosed and an underrated risk factor for many health conditions. Sleep apnea, one of the most common sleep disorders touches 3-7% of the...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machines: Full Face Masks, BiPAP, and ResMed S10
What is sleep apnea?Sleep apnea is a serious form of sleep disorder that occurs when a person's breathing is often interrupted while sleeping. The brain and other parts of the body do not get enough of oxygen when sleep apnea remains untreated. There are two main types of sleep apnea:...
- Dr. Janardana P. Kaimal MD4820 Lake St Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Ankur Bindal M.D., M.P.H1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Alp S Baran M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Sagar H Patel MD1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Dan Lucian Dumitru MD707 Dr. Michael Debakey Drive Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Howard Roffwarg M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605